Currently reading:
Three Phase inverter for a single phase install?

Discuss Three Phase inverter for a single phase install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CBR600

-
Reaction score
hello there.

I am talking to some people at the moment who wish to install 10KWp on a single phase of a three phase supply. The single phase supplies the house and they want to make as much as as they can from the system.

Assuming all is well with the DNO etc. I would propose two 5KW single phase inverters, however the other installers who are quoting have all suggested a 10KW three phase inverter.

My question is simple, is it possible to configure a three phase inverter to connect to a single phase? If so how can it be done?

I wouldn't have thought so but I am not technically aware enough to be sure.

If this is a daft question please forgive me!

Cheers

no. Well, not that I'm aware of anyway. Presumably the other companies are assuming they wouldn't get DNO permission anyway and just cutting to the chase and quoting for the 3 phase inverter.

best option without the need for DNO permission might be to use about 4.5kWp of panels onto a single phase 16amp limited inverter for the phase you want most power on, then 2.75kWp on smaller single phase inverters for the other 2 phases... or just go for a 13.5kWp system on an 11kW limited 3 phase inverter as the costs aren't going to be that different but you've got 35% more output which more than makes up for the slight reduction in the feed in tariff.

Reply to Three Phase inverter for a single phase install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back