Discuss To Ryobi or Makita in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopperxbox

I'm really keen to hear from people who have experience with both brands.
Should I buy ryobi one plus? I'm an electrician/ maintenance man and now all my work is domestic. I'm looking to get a range of 18v tools with the same battery to interchange and after doing some research and from a few tips the ryobi range looks really good value but do you get what you pay for. I need a grinder, multi tool, circular saw, impact driver, angle drill and a small drill (I'd like the small Hoover as well) as I already have a 36v bosch for the big stuff. Makita do everything I need with the same 18v battery but obviously its expensive and the ryobi range are a lot cheaper. I will be using these daily so would it be foolish to buy the ryobi stuff or the right choice when you consider the price. I'm not made of money but would rather find the extra if I'm going to be dissapointed with ryobi. Please help as I need to make a decision because every time I have the money to do this something unexpected comes up like the car breaking down or something and I want to get them before it does.
I really want to go with the ryobi range because of the money but the only thing stopping me is the old "you get what you pay for" mentality and the fact they will get a lot of use but not all day every day. Some i might use every day but others only once a week. Once I commit to a range, because of the battery side of things I don't want one tool to let me down. When I look at what ranges have all I need it seems to be between makita and ryobi. Whilst makita score points for being more established ryobi score a lot of points because of the price. I'm definitly not a brand snob so that's not an issue, just want to make the right choice. If I was buying 1 tool I'd be a lot less hesitant. Thanks

I've had both makita and ryobi,ryobi is diy crap bought an expensive full kit by them,jigsaw circular saw drill screwgun etc and the whole lot was knackered within 12 months.

guys in here do not like ryobi, but I got my combi drill 4 years ago and still going well. holesaws and 20mm in joists included.

One of my colleagues has all ryobi stuff. Its all wrecked and all less than 6 years old. The li-ion batts don't seem to last long and are heavy. Gearboxes in the drills seem to go regularly.
The only bit I like is the circular saw, a good reliable tool.

Well I have a Ryobi 18v SDS and from 2 batteries today (All Breeze Block) we drilled 143x No6 holes 8x 20mm holes and 3 x 10mm holes 30cm long, not bad me thinks.....the drill is 3 years old and is used daily.

makita, all the way. buy good, buy once.

Makita have sorted the issues they had with last gen.

Peope kept breaking the bhp451 because gear's don' always like to disengage (have to run for a sec) before you can change sometimes.

They have fixed that and discontinude the old one and they have brought out 4ah batteries as well.

The 3ah batteries last all day anyway except in the radio which is about 2 days

Reply to To Ryobi or Makita in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net