Search the forum,

Discuss What does this piece of switchgear do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

At a guess, I would say a generator syncro.....when gennie gets up to speed, this switches the gennie into the building supply.

Big clue:

R-M-B-C-G-Y

I'll go along with my first choice a wound rotor speed control, resister bank, OR a load bank for a gen-set which would be my second choice.

There are three wiirewound rheostats, yes, and they operate in 'phases' of a sort, but not phases of the supply.

If the electric motor is constantly running, the arms would be changing the output voltage constantly, or its waveform. So next guess is converting voltage & frequency...?

I thought it was phase converter or Automatic regulator of some sort, but then Lucien said what ever it does takes a minute, and that it is SP in/ SP out.

If the electric motor is constantly running, the arms would be changing the output voltage constantly, or its waveform. So next guess is converting voltage & frequency...?

I was thinking along similar lines. Is there a pony motor connected to the chains which allows the user to speed up/slow down the main motor.

Combine my clue in post #23 with SJD's post #26...

Reply to What does this piece of switchgear do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back