Search the forum,

Discuss Where to buy nylon screws? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can see both sides of this argument. While it's possible that BPG4 could be used as the basis of a case in these circumstances, it is equally possible that a similar case could be taken against someone who followed the advice in BPG4 as it didn't comply with BS7671.

Not sure why electricians often seem to be placed in the position of having to try finding a means of ensuring the safety of customers who refuse to consider their own family's safety - or that of their tenant.
I think maybe we will see guidance change a little in the future to distinguish between rental properties where the landlord is responsible for safety, and a private home where the home owner is the one taking the risks.

Or maybe BS7671 should finally get round to making things a lot clearer on how to safely maintain existing installations - and remove some of the doubt.

Not sure why electricians often seem to be placed in the position of having to try finding a means of ensuring the safety of customers who refuse to consider their own family's safety - or that of their tenant.
I often think if electricity was wet, runny and messy like water or smelly like gas our lives would be easier.

Class11 fittings are recommended as a minimum in above situation and is acceptable. Just record it and jog on. Nylon screws are not required but doesn't mean some wont use them. Think.due to less than 50mm in size or something.

Class11 fittings are recommended as a minimum in above situation and is acceptable. Just record it and jog on. Nylon screws are not required but doesn't mean some wont use them. Think.due to less than 50mm in size or something.
Recommended by BS7671?

I know where ya comming from, but the iet can't reference bpg and then others questions to believe its ----. Your a very precise electrician westward or maybe engineer... but you know if they cant afford new wires, best thing todo is remove metal fittings. Where there to help not dictate.

Just to throw a spanner in the works....... the current BPG4 has nothing to say on this (issue 5)

Reply to Where to buy nylon screws? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back