Currently reading:
150m Cable run outside to spur?

Discuss 150m Cable run outside to spur? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Connor2425

What would be the required cable for this type of run?

Thanks

how fast do you want it to run?

Give us a chance and some proper information on what you are trying to do are you a spark ?

A run of that length will need a big cable

Lots of things have to be considered

No just abit of advice, its a spur to feed 12v power supplies 150m away from the main building.

2 late ********* ill just have to ring around

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll be 300 meters if you put it on a ring...........I'd just use 4mm, but with **** all info its a little difficult to help....some people......humph

12vsupply ? for what ... 150m you give no info to installation methods, load characteristics etc ...

Are you sending out 230v then its been transoformed or are you expecting 12v to get that far without major Volts Drop issues.... you are getting non-helpful replies because you ask a question that requires a lot of info yet you supply little...

So my answer to you OP is you need an Electrician to come and design and install it... unless you can fill all my questions in?

Right. one piece of cable from a board to a spur 150m away, the spur is to feed a 12 v power supply. the cable is a straight run externally clipped to a wall. any other info you are looking for you may need to ask me.

What voltage are you exporting... i.e. is it been transformed at load from mains or are you thinking 12v from source to load?
What are the installation methods?
What is the load and characteristics?
and out of curiosity what is the load?

Okay my advice is CALL A LOCAL ELECTRICIAN, because you aren't wanting to give any info to us to help you.
What is the expected load
How is the cable to be installed
Is it 230 or 12 volt you are trying to get outside
Is the whole 250 meter run external or internal

That's better.

Last edited by a moderator:
At which end is the 12 volt needed?

At the end of the 150 meter run? Or will the cable be carrying 12 for 150 meters?

What type of cable are you looking at using?

Reply to 150m Cable run outside to spur? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back