Currently reading:
1st fix completed long time ago.

Discuss 1st fix completed long time ago. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eco-tech

Hi all,

I have a problem regarding an insurance job I started a few months ago.

1) Flood damage on the house, so I tested /sorted problems out and left waiting for the builders to complete the work they was doing.This was in Sep last year.

2) Since then the owner of the house can not sign a disclamer telling me the roof was fixed, so I dont have to return with him saying it still trips out.

3) Now after 6 months with no contact from the maintance company after me sending mail after mail, the maintance compnay who gave me the work says the house is ready to 2nd fix and what do I need on the disclaimer.

4) My problem is I know further work has been done in the house since my 1st fix (the work that needed doing should have taken 1 week not 6 months by the builder) Im unsure what has been damaged etc. Also the maintance company say that if I dont complete the works asap they will find a other contractor to complete my works.

5) Can they do this ?

6) If they can. Can I charge for my 1st fix and correction of circuits etc then let the other contractor complete the works ?

7) Can I charge for a full re-test due to the fact work was carried out after my 1st fix and due to the time I did my 1st fix if I was to complete all the works ?

Thanks,

I would say crack on and finish your 2nd fix and as you have all your dead test results if damage has occured then it would be a variation to the works to find and rectify the damage,

not to sure where you are going with the disclaimer side of things

Reply to 1st fix completed long time ago. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock