Currently reading:
2391 March Completed

Discuss 2391 March Completed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

that may mean that you lose a mark or 2. the sequence is still correct if you did forget to mention. I hope as I also didnt state to link out. I really dont know how strict they are with the marking

I'm totally stoked I read this thread because all day long my colleagues and I have been debating over whether we did really well or absolutely ****ed it up and looking at all your posts I'm now certain that we definitely did one or the other, but we're not alone. :)

3 tests after earth electrode test on TT installation - If that is Ze completed, then I got told in practical to carry out PFC after reconnecting earthing conductor.....EAWR say only do live testing if absolutely necessary so Zs could be calculated....that leaves other physical tests as RCD (TT install.) and functional tests. So PFC - RCD - Functional...Maybe !

Please ignore my scribblings they were quick notes after the exam once i got to remind my self of the answers i put. :behead: lol

Attachments

• 2391 1.pdf
    751 KB · Views: 235
  • 2391 2.pdf
    701.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 2391 3.pdf
    636.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 2391 4.pdf
    369.9 KB · Views: 120
id look at question 16 again with regard to the supply= need a live supply not to isolate

You would isolate the consumer unit at the main switch and test between line in and earthing conductor disconnected

You do not want power present when carrying out a Ze, as for Ze you have to remove the earthing conductor from the bar, so in theory people could be in the building using equipment that has no means of earthing if you left the board live like you insinuated

How many marks can you drop to pass this per section does anyone know ? I forgot to say after the checks on the swa feeding the light how i would check ie pull on conductors to see if they are tight mechanically etc sense of touch
is the mark a comb of both sections ?

Unsure to be honest this exam is a strange one when it comes to marking, its called a floating mark and the pass rate is determined by how hard they thought the exam to be

For example they mark all the papers and 80% of people pass, they then drop the pass rate to an amount they thinks best and results in lots of people failing, i think its unfair

I downloaded the paper from the member on the previous page and ive analysed my answers against bs7671 and gn3

My approx percentage is 79% - 87%

read question 16 again, it says about the supply not the installation... i could be wrong so excuse if im off on 1
You would isolate the consumer unit at the main switch and test between line in and earthing conductor disconnected

You do not want power present when carrying out a Ze, as for Ze you have to remove the earthing conductor from the bar, so in theory people could be in the building using equipment that has no means of earthing if you left the board live like you insinuated

Definatly reconnect earthing conductor for C)

Well reason i state that is when i carried out a Ze on my practical test, we had to isolate the supply and test from the mains in side of the main switch, to earthing conductor disconencted

yeah thats fine but you using earth loop impedance tester and that requires a supply... tricky enough ,,,, maybe somone will jump in and clear this up, put me out of my misery then that will be 1 i would of got wrong haha

Reply to 2391 March Completed in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back