Search the forum,

Discuss a strange question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Resistance = (resistivity * length)/CSA
= (2.84e-8 * 100)/ 120e-6
= 0.0237

remember that 120mm^2 = 120e-6m^2 because there are 1,000,000 mm2 in a m2 (1000mm *1000mm)

A resistor of 4 ohms and pure inductor with inductive reactance of 3 ohms are connected in series to 200v AC supply. Calculate the current.

square root of 4sq + 3 sq = 5

200 / 5 = 40 A

this is really frustrateing me as I cant work them out

determine the power in a three phase star wired balanced load circuit when the line current is 15a the phase voltage 230 v and the power factor is 0.8

also doing my head in is

a 15kw three phase delta connected balanced load has a power factor 0f 0.85 determin the line current (i think 400 v has been left out of this question somewhere)

please can anyone help

Reply to a strange question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock