Currently reading:
Cowboy builders

Discuss Cowboy builders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think the biggest problem with these kinds of programs is that everything is blown out of all proportion.

Yes, i am sure there are major issues with a lot of the works, and it makes good telly, and of course, viewing figures.

Dont get to carried away with it as Jason said its all out of proportion. The way they put it across that people were frightened to speak out incase of recriminations I was expecting to see someone that was 6ft 12 and build like a brick wall not someone that had mislaid his zimmer frame:eek:

Chris

Haha I just watched the repeat of this show having already seen last Thursdays viewing. Looks like channel 5 must of had complaints about the Part P 'expert' lol. They had edited out the bit about sockets needing to be 50-60cm away from the sink :D

I havn't seen the programme yet,but the 500mm part p guy may be on the way out

If that is so,there will be an opportunity for one of us to replace him

Think of the fees involved,at least one appearance every 14 years or so
Well it seems that long between electrical subjects on Tv

That melinda you are all on about,Is she the topless tart with blonde hair, and on her head as well :eek: :)

How else are they going to get viewers if they keep giving duff info!!!

true, dom once did a show beat the burglar anyone see that one ? they used to stage a burglary and an ex con used to rob them and leave dna for the police to find, usually something dumb like having a drink and leaving the carton on the side. the tenants were priceless asking questions like "why would he steal that"

Five have been in touch (having been linked to this thread & the other one:D)..

We were sorry to learn that you feel some of the information given in Episode 2 of Series 2 was ‘false’. We can assure you that experts were on hand throughout the production of the episode for advice on all aspects of the building project. Further to this, the company that produces the programme for us have contacted the NICEIC for additional guidance on the information given on wiring in this episode. With regards to the statement “Yeah Part P clearly states that you must use 50 or 60 centimetres in an area like this but common sense prevails in things like this and you would simply put it this way”, the NICEIC stated 1 meter is a sensible distance to have an electrical switch from a sink like this, but that there is no regulation stating that the unit must be 50-60cm away. However, the point being made by the electrician here was that irrespective of the regulations, common sense should prevail and if Mr Larkin had used his common sense, he would not have located the switch here.

One full meter from the sink? How big do they think most kitchens are?

Reply to Cowboy builders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back