Currently reading:
UK Domestic extractor fan wiring into a timer

Discuss Domestic extractor fan wiring into a timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all
Please could you offer some advice on wiring a 6" bathroom extractor fan.
I've got a stylish surface mounted momentary wall switch and would like to incorporate a 30 min timer.
So I'm looking for a relay that requires a pulse to initiate and run on.
I would rather keep the current switch than purchase a replacement switch with integrated timer
Many thanks in advance
Steve

So I'm looking for a relay that requires a pulse to initiate and run on.

The above will give a delayed supply starting from the moment the momentary switch is released.

Does your fan have connections for a permanent (L) plus switched (L) from the momentary switch? Make/ Model No?

Is there not a timer module specifically for that fan, that can be purchased as an add-on (or rather 'add-in' module)?

Last edited:
Does your fan have connections for a permanent (L) plus switched (L) from the momentary switch? Make/ Model No?

Is there not a timer module specifically for that fan, that can be purchased as an add-on (or rather 'add-in' module)?
Hi
The connections are only for a permanent live
I could have bought the same model with a timer, but didn't think I would need it at the time.... hindsight again. Wonderful thing
The fan is:
9041089Airflow AV150 Aventa 6 Inch 150mm Inline Fan - 9041089

Elkay 2235A-1 Energysense White 3 Wire Touch Timer 16A 240V.​

This is a touch timer (you don't need that bit) which also can be activated by a pulse from the type of switch you have. The time on is selected by internal dip switches. You might have to house it in a box in a bathroom which wouldn't be a problem as you are not wanting to use the touch timer bit

Reply to Domestic extractor fan wiring into a timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock