Currently reading:
Don't laugh but...

Discuss Don't laugh but... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Ed Turner

Is there anything out there that will allow one light (or more) to be controlled from two switching circuits?

In theory it is possible but before I start raiding the RS book for components and making something myself, I thought I'd find out if a ready made unit is available.

Client is having a conservatory + kitchen extension. There's going to be a bit of flat ceiling space in the extension that will have a few down lights around the edge of a big atrium window. Only problem is that half a dozen of these sit in the same pattern as the kitchen lights. I'd like to give them the option of having a bank of kitchen lights on, or the conservatory lights on, or both.

What say you (without laughing at me too much)?

I've got to read (nearly) all responses properly, but I think we've got there. It's not just a simple two way switch, or two banks of lights. Thanks to all that understand (ish) my crap explanation and diagrams and took the time to help out rather than take the ****.

Reply to Don't laugh but... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock