Discuss external fcu question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin, maybe you could use a normal FCU in the office then come out through to a weatherproof switch, a bit more roomy for the SWA and gland ?

Gavin, maybe you could use a normal FCU in the office then come out through to a weatherproof switch, a bit more roomy for the SWA and gland ?
I have considered that. I have a good variety of IP66 accessories in the back of the van somewhere (it needs tidying!) so will have a play around with various combos and go with what works. Just dont have a outdoors FCU.. dont tend to use them much... It will though be either a FCU or switch in the greenhouse area for isolation purposes. as sometimes the office is locked off but somebody is in the greenhouse area working.

I can pull a flex out of any cord restraint you care to use.
Without seeing the full environment how can you know what strength of cord restraint is required?

Stuffing glands are provided as the means of cord restraint on a variety of trailing plugs, sockets and IP rated cable joints, are all of those manufacturers wrong?
If correct cord/cable restraint is employed I doubt you could pull out any one would care use use without causing physical breakage.

If correct cord/cable restraint is employed I doubt you could pull out any one would care use use without causing physical breakage.

You could pull the cable put of most JBs with cord grips. What are you trying to prove?

Empty 1 Gang and 2 Gang enclosures are common. Most manufacturers make them. Can then fit whatever you fancy inside them.

Reply to external fcu question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning hope everyone is staying safe. I have a question for some of the more experienced sparks, I have a client that wants her outdoor...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Everyone, I've gotten myself some work along an experienced electrician which I am massively grateful for. Prior to this, I need...
Replies
Views
Background: Served my apprenticeship 1964 to 1969 with NORWEB but not been directly employed in the industry since then. I have just laid a 10mm...
Replies
Views
P
Right you reg's experts - ive pawed through mine and can't come up with an answer I am happy with. I have a shower/utility room, with a fixed...
Replies
Views
Another long one from me ... I hope that it covers all the bases and is a more thorough approach to the subject. It is my first design work so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock