Search the forum,

Discuss Fluke 1651 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buttonmoon

Helo I'm fairly new to this testing so perhaps someone could explain this

My Fluke is giving off some quite varied readings. We we're doing some R1+R2 testing and when I tried to zero the leads it appeared to make no difference and then the circuit reading seemed to be going all over the place sometimes lower than the lead resistance, which incidentally was quite high I thought.

The tester is second hand and as yet uncalibrated. Do these symptoms seem to reflect a permanently broken device or is there still hope?

Readings ranged from about .5 to 1.5ohms.

Helo I'm fairly new to this testing so perhaps someone could explain this

My Fluke is giving off some quite varied readings. We we're doing some R1+R2 testing and when I tried to zero the leads it appeared to make no difference and then the circuit reading seemed to be going all over the place sometimes lower than the lead resistance, which incidentally was quite high I thought.

The tester is second hand and as yet uncalibrated. Do these symptoms seem to reflect a permanently broken device or is there still hope?

Readings ranged from about .5 to 1.5ohms.

Hi Buttonmoon

I think you may have answered your own question there mate. ;)

Cheers

I have a 1651, as Goody has said it is an odd machine when the batteries are low.

One of the oddities is it will not zero when batteries are low.

Another is RCD trip readings of 0.0ms.

Change the batteries and get it callibrated, where abouts are you as I can recommend someone?

CBW

Reply to Fluke 1651 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock