Search the forum,

Discuss HELP NEEDED!! 2.5 kWp Solar Panel System is it worth it?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mubsy81

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, so take it easy on me....

I am planning on putting in roof mounted solar panels and the best quote I have is as follows:

2.5 kWp Roof Mounted Photovoltaic system
10 x Bisol Solar Modules
JFY or Samil Invertor (not sure what size!)
Renusol Mounting System
Price: £4,800

What I want to know is, for what I am getting is it a reasonable price? Could I get the same (or similar) products elsewhere so a better price? Are the products I am getting quality products?

I am new to the Solar market and want to do my little bit for the environment (and save on Electricity of course!) so really need some help!

Thanks in advance

Mubsy

Welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the solar PV forum where it's better suited.

see if any forum members who install solar are close to you and get a second and maybe a third quote. 2.5 seems a small system to me. post your location and see if anyone is within spitting distance.

Mubsy, the above is good advice, there are some great installers on here so you need to post your location.
It is all too common for customers to look at the kit rather than look at the company and the "quaility" of the install.

There are many factors that make a good PV system which will operate to its maximum, therefore making you a better return on your investment, get it right and you will be a happy bunny.. Get it wrong and you will be back here seeking advice..

Mubsy, the above is good advice, there are some great installers on here so you need to post your location.
It is all too common for customers to look at the kit rather than look at the company and the "quaility" of the install.

There are many factors that make a good PV system which will operate to its maximum, therefore making you a better return on your investment, get it right and you will be a happy bunny.. Get it wrong and you will be back here seeking advice..

Thanks for advise guys, im in Bolton (BL3 3GB). If anyone is close and have a system suitable do let me know? Also, is it worth putting in a 2.5KW system?

Yep it is definitely worth putting a 2.5kWp system on - it also has the advantage that you will use a far greater percentage of the output, - with careful planning and the use of an immersun type device, you couldget close to 100% consumption. Bigger systems will always export so why pay for more than you need - why pay for and drive a 3 liter car when a 2 liter one uses less fuel and goes just as well at 70 (85 :) ) mph on the motorway..

We are based in Leeds, only an hours drive from you and have done plenty of jobs your side of the pennines so happy to quote if you like?

There are plenty of other good installers local to you on here too.

I'll drop you a PM.

Yep it is definitely worth putting a 2.5kWp system on - it also has the advantage that you will use a far greater percentage of the output, - with careful planning and the use of an immersun type device, you couldget close to 100% consumption. Bigger systems will always export so why pay for more than you need - why pay for and drive a 3 liter car when a 2 liter one uses less fuel and goes just as well at 70 (85 :) ) mph on the motorway..
Well it used to be because of the generous FIT, back in the gool ol days :)

Reply to HELP NEEDED!! 2.5 kWp Solar Panel System is it worth it?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock