Discuss Hive mini with Remeha avanta exclusive - please help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

danz1man

DIY
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of changing my wired remeha thermostat with the wireless hive mini, I've had a look at the manual and believe I have installed this correctly however the thermostat doesn't seem to be talking to the boiler and I can't control my heating through it.

Could you please have a look at the pictures and advise?

There was no existing links in x2 as the manual picture shows - just the wires for the built in clock in 5, 4, 3 & 1.

I have removed the old wired thermostat from block x9 but a outdoor sensor remains.

Attachments

• remeha.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 1.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 13
You need to link 7 and 8 on terminal X9 where the thermostat was removed from.

You still have the internal timeswitch connected so it will be working in parallel with the hive. So if either the hive or timeswitch is calling for heat the boiler will fire.

If you don't need the internal timeswitch at all then you can disconnect the 4 wires going to it.
If you need the internal timeswitch for a hot water function then disconnecting, and safely terminating in a seperate connector, the red wire should disable the heating side of it.

Thank you for replying, I will remove the timeclock wires from x2 and link 7&8 on x9 - I've also removed the outdoor sensor as well, I've noticed theirs a link in place on x9 between 5&6, could you tell me what that is doing?

I've now done the above and uploaded photos, does everything look ok?

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 11
  • l2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

You still have the internal timeswitch connected so it will be working in parallel with the hive. So if either the hive or timeswitch is calling for heat the boiler will fire.

If you don't need the internal timeswitch at all then you can disconnect the 4 wires going to it.
If you need the internal timeswitch for a hot water function then disconnecting, and safely terminating in a seperate connector, the red wire should disable the heating side of it.
It's working now thank you :)

If you need the internal timeswitch for a hot water function then disconnecting, and safely terminating in a seperate connector, the red wire should disable the heating
Hello sorry to bother you again, I just found out last night that the hot water is no longer working so I have attached the timeswitch and both heating and water is now working however after switching the heating off with the thermostat sometimes it stays on, I image this has something to do with the timeswitch been timed to be on at this time, you mentioned removing the red wire from it - do I keep the others connected and just remove the red wire from the timeswitch and isolate it in a connection block by itself?

Hello sorry to bother you again, I just found out last night that the hot water is no longer working so I have attached the timeswitch and both heating and water is now working however after switching the heating off with the thermostat sometimes it stays on, I image this has something to do with the timeswitch been timed to be on at this time, you mentioned removing the red wire from it - do I keep the others connected and just remove the red wire from the timeswitch and isolate it in a connection block by itself?
Doing the above fixed it and is now working perfectly.

Reply to Hive mini with Remeha avanta exclusive - please help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net