Currently reading:
Immersion problem

Discuss Immersion problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi lads,

My client is having problems with her peak and off peak immersion. She claims she isn't getting enough hot water. I turned both thermostats up but she is still having the same problem. They are new elements but I tested them anyway and they are working fine. I'm wondering if the problem is a plumbing issue, maybe the tank isn't being filled up fully. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 95
I'll continue to read all the negative posts, it motivates me to learn more. I will find a solution like I did with the underfloor heating and other threads you have read or highlighted. It will give me greater job satisfaction when it's fixed, safe, compliant and if need be, certified, knowing that I completed the task even though my fellow electricians tried to chip away at my confidence.
I've seen what some of you have written on other threads and even though you may be more knowledgeable and experienced I would prefer not to receive your help. So if anyone else would like to offer some advice then I thank you in advance, if not then continue to prosper in your career and leave me to grow in mine.

I'll continue to read all the negative posts, it motivates me to learn more. I will find a solution like I did with the underfloor heating and other threads you have read or highlighted. It will give me greater job satisfaction when it's fixed, safe, compliant and if need be, certified, knowing that I completed the task even though my fellow electricians tried to chip away at my confidence.
I've seen what some of you have written on other threads and even though you may be more knowledgeable and experienced I would prefer not to receive your help. So if anyone else would like to offer some advice then I thank you in advance, if not then continue to prosper in your career and leave me to grow in mine.

you have been told to check the resistance of the elements, do you know what reading you should be looking for? If not do you know how to work it out? If you are unsure it would be far better to say and maybe members will be more willing.

My problem is people are paying for you for your knowledge and a skilled service.

What would you customer say if they knew you have left the job because you have to ask how to do it on the internet?

A perfect example of why skill levels should be set by a compulsory national register.

you have been told to check the resistance of the elements, do you know what reading you should be looking for? If not do you know how to work it out? If you are unsure it would be far better to say and maybe members will be more willing.
I will check the resistance of the elements again but I believe I got 0.20 ohms on both elements but I didn't zero the leads and I used the default range on my Megger.
The thing is most of my training was done with fast paced maintenance firms who cared more about competing a high turnover of jobs than proper training. I'm doing things the way I've been shown. I'm not out to make a quick buck. I want to build a good reputation and get minimal callbacks which means I have to do things properly and to regulations. I'm a one man band with big ambitions, I am limited in areas and need help from time to time to move forward. If members are not 'more willing' to help then fine, don't approach my thread and add to the obstacles I already face. Steer me in the right direction and help bring the level of the inexperienced like, myself, up to standards. All I want to do is fix the customers immersion, if an individual is not willing to help then side step my thread because one way or another I will fix it.

My problem is people are paying for you for your knowledge and a skilled service.

What would you customer say if they knew you have left the job because you have to ask how to do it on the internet?

A perfect example of why skill levels should be set by a compulsory national register.

I don't care what your problem is, I didn't ask what your problem is I asked about an immersion. If you don't want to help me then just leave me alone and don't make my business your business. I didn't invite you to this thread did I?

My advice (and take it any way you want) is to work for someone who knows all the ins and outs of a domestic installation until you are more experienced in this sector. I'm due to qualify my (nearly exclusive) domestic apprenticeship in August and can answer all of the questions you've asked in your recent posts.

There's not alot to wiring a house, the main difference is heating/hot water systems and this type is about as simple as it gets!

I don't care what your problem is, I didn't ask what your problem is I asked about an immersion. If you don't want to help me then just leave me alone and don't make my business your business. I didn't invite you to this thread did I?

Matey.

Stop chucking your teddies out of the pram and start answering questions with answers.

So mine is (just to save you re-reading the whole thread), how are 2 plugs on the same dedicated circuit, controlling BOTH the ON and OFF for E7 and Off Peak??

I believe I got 0.20 ohms on both elements

Yesterday I drove home at 0.7 mph and had 0.03 pints of beer when I got there. I wrote 1% of an email and went to bed.

Do you not sanity-check your figures before quoting them?

Reply to Immersion problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock