Discuss Install Electricians Forums App in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Install Electricians Forums App Screenshot_20201008-143021_Chrome - EletriciansForums.net

On a mobile device click the menu then click install app.

Done.

You get push notifications amongst other things.

Its a progressive web app not an app available in an app store. That just means its web-based and uses our hosting rather than Google or apples.

But its largely basically an app.

Okay, iOS does support the PWA (Progressive Web App). It's basically the forum in its own browser, but sharing links then pick up your phones sharing menu etc - there are a few things that work better via the app like that.

As for adverts; use an ad-blocker if you want. Or subscribe and support the forum too. Either way, you can shift those.

I was about to post the other day that we can relax them, then the government announced another lockdown, and already the revenue is dropping again so I think we'll need keep them on 'Crazy Mode' for a bit. So feel free to ad-block or subscribe. I'm fine with either. :)

Okay found out what's going on. Apple, as usual (like with charger leads) they've gone their own way. So they're not supporting Progressive Web Apps because they'd ruin their App Store revenue.

So Apple devices suck, I mean don't have the ability to install a PWA (Progressive Web App) as yet.

So I think those struggling to find the notification to install it (which even pops up on Windows computers, let alone Android Tablets and Phones, are all using them overpriced underpowered outdated Apple devices still knocking about a bit lol

Give me a feature on an Apple device that you keep overpaying for but insist is better, and I'll find you an Android device with twice the 'power' or 'camera pixels' or RAM etc at half the price.

When app developers made apps for iPhones first, years ago, they were worth buying. But these days app developers make Android apps first, if make an Apple version at all. There are 3 times the Android phones on the market than iOS ones.

You're behind the times people.

Switch over on your next phone upgrade, or even better, just buy the phone outright annually and have a ÂŁ20 a month tariff that gives you unlimited calls, texts and data. Can even get dual sim phones and have a work sim and personal sim and install two Whatsapp's, two Facebooks, two everything - one for each sim. ;)

It's the future.

Okay found out what's going on. Apple, as usual (like with charger leads) they've gone their own way. So they're not supporting Progressive Web Apps because they'd ruin their App Store revenue.

So Apple devices suck, I mean don't have the ability to install a PWA (Progressive Web App) as yet.

So I think those struggling to find the notification to install it (which even pops up on Windows computers, let alone Android Tablets and Phones, are all using them overpriced underpowered outdated Apple devices still knocking about a bit lol

Give me a feature on an Apple device that you keep overpaying for but insist is better, and I'll find you an Android device with twice the 'power' or 'camera pixels' or RAM etc at half the price.

When app developers made apps for iPhones first, years ago, they were worth buying. But these days app developers make Android apps first, if make an Apple version at all. There are 3 times the Android phones on the market than iOS ones.

You're behind the times people.

Switch over on your next phone upgrade, or even better, just buy the phone outright annually and have a ÂŁ20 a month tariff that gives you unlimited calls, texts and data. Can even get dual sim phones and have a work sim and personal sim and install two Whatsapp's, two Facebooks, two everything - one for each sim. ;)

It's the future.
I've been saying this for years!! lol. my misses loves them as they are easy to use she says. got my daughter onto a Samsung now, he he.

For the love of God PLEASE get rid of tht and banner across the top of the forum, have to minimise it every single time/load and it's really driving me away.

For the love of God PLEASE get rid of tht and banner across the top of the forum, have to minimise it every single time/load and it's really driving me away.

Absolutely. And the adverts in the post listings.

@Dan I have the app on my phone
Me too mate. Thanks for letting me know, I did wonder whether I was the only one lol

Hope thanksgiving went well, and Christmas goes well too. :)

Install Electricians Forums App {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Me too mate. Thanks for letting me know, I did wonder whether I was the only one lol

I use the 'app' too, every once in a while I get loading issues but a refresh sorts it. So glad to see that ad banner at the top has finally gone, sooo much better to navigate now.

I can’t reply to answer questions it says like, report but I’m getting by. One of our visitors I had to private message him and I told him that we was having temporary issues and sent our apologies

Reply to Install Electricians Forums App in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock