Currently reading:
LED Kitchen under cabinet lights

Discuss LED Kitchen under cabinet lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking to fit some LED kitchen under cabinet lights, but though there a few out there I thought it best ask for people experiences as I know from experience the lifespan of the LED strips they use can be a bit variable (and the led blurb often over promises.

Really I am looking for a decent fixture I can "fit and forget" rather than "fit, fix and fix again" :)

Colour wise I am looking for 3-4000k and hiding a power supply won't be an issue.

LED tape.

Do you have recommendations for a decent brand? I was in Nando's the other day and a good percentage of the LED's in the warm-white tapes they were using were out. (and presumably they were using a pukka commercial one)

I would also be concerned that as plain stickyback-tape doesn't have a heatsink how long it would last?

I wouldn't know about a decent brand, but someone on here recommended 'LEDRidge' which is available from most wholesalers.
I'd stick the tape into aluminium extrusion with a frosted diffuser - it looks more professional and acts as a heatsink.

LED Under Cupboard Fittings what you want are these installed load very flat never replaced any

I'd agree. Good quality units and easy to install. I've fitted a few of these over the last couple of years and had no failures. However, the 36W power supply recommended has a huge inrush current (unless the design has changed since I tested one), so I use the 24V constant voltage units from this range, which are much better behaved:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electron...rrent-and-Constant-Voltage-LED-Drivers-517179

Reply to LED Kitchen under cabinet lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock