• Thread starter Guest77
  • Start date
  • Replies 135
  • Views 11K

Currently reading:
Lets go then lol

Discuss Lets go then lol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What's wrong with selling the NHS off? It will probably run a lot more efficiently if it's in private hands.
If I was a UK taxpayer I'd probably be glad to get it private and not have to fork out hand over fist to finance it.

totally agree with last 2 posts. more managers than beds. sack the lot. 1 bloke in charge of a hospital. a matron for each ward, then the savings would pay to solve the nurse shortage.

Well I'm a great believer in the trade union movement and the NHS. So I happily signed.
If there was a union for self employed people and it's aims were broadly in line with mine then I'd join it in a heartbeat.

What's wrong with selling the NHS off? It will probably run a lot more efficiently if it's in private hands.
If I was a UK taxpayer I'd probably be glad to get it private and not have to fork out hand over fist to finance it.
Would you still be happy when your granny was refused treatment for her cancer on the grounds that she's too old and unlikely to live through it so is condemned to die a painful death?

Would you still be happy when your granny was refused treatment for her cancer on the grounds that she's too old and unlikely to live through it so is condemned to die a painful death?
Why must the selling of the NHS result in people not being treated. If it was sold with legal requirements for a set of standards to be met then privatization would result in far greater efficiency and lower running costs.

I'm suprised this thread never got more rowdy, I really thought about starting a thread which would be hilarious and very argumentative, = didn't work though lol

that's because the materials used have only a predicted 10 year lifespan, so if you live more than 10 years after the op., then they got to do it again. as IQ says, they should " do it right, do it once".

I have no problem with private companies having NHS contracts.

IF.. Standards increase AND costs reduce.

The private companies can take a cut of the savings.

Well I'm a great believer in the trade union movement and the NHS. So I happily signed.
If there was a union for self employed people and it's aims were broadly in line with mine then I'd join it in a heartbeat.

I'm in favour of Trades Unions and have been a member of three: the Engineers Union ( I forget the title) Technical and Supervisory Staff (TASS) and the Musicians Union (MU) but the only one who gave any help when I needed it was the Musicians Union.

I'm suprised this thread never got more rowdy,

Obviously I just got on, it'll get rowdy soon enough mate:)

Why must the selling of the NHS result in people not being treated. If it was sold with legal requirements for a set of standards to be met then privatization would result in far greater efficiency and lower running costs.
The NHS is going to be slaughtered on the failed altar of increased efficiency that we have seen over and over again.
At the minute Granny would get her cancer drugs and treatment on the UK taxpayer and I for one don't object to her getting them for a single second. However, the insurers will find some excuse not to give her the drugs that could either prolong her life or make her last days/weeks more comfortable. Without an insurer to pay for them then you're going to have to, but if you're on your uppers you can't afford them. If the insurers won't pay and you can't, what happens to Granny?

they usually do, as they tend to be in worse health than young sprogs, on the whole.

Marvo what do they have in south Africa ? Sort of the same as america
We have government hospitals which would be the equivalent of your NHS kinda and we have several very large private hospital chains for those with health insurance.

There's also some hospitals that are government owned and are semi private, mostly teaching hospitals. My wife went to a semi private hospital to have two disks replaced in her lower back a couple of years ago and the standard of care was second to none. The entire operation and the aftercare cost us around ZAR35k which was around a fifth of the price we got quoted for it to be done private. All these hospitals and half of the private hospitals are clogged up with Europeans / UK people coming for operations and treatments because it's a lot cheaper than at home.

increased efficiency should not mean a decrease in care. quite the opposite. get rid of the non-productive dead wood , like managers on £XXXXXX, and spend the savings on patient care.

I have no problem with private companies having NHS contracts.

IF.. Standards increase AND costs reduce.

The private companies can take a cut of the savings.
Never happen, just look at the state of the railways and post office, run down and hardly any staff with the bosses earning millions and the public paying out a fortune for a crappy service, good old privatisation.

In my My mind old people have paid more than young people so they should get the same or even more
What if the young person is seriously ill and comes from a broken home? should we just send them to the back of the queue so an old millionaire who has a cough gets treated first and gets a better portion of hospital dinner?

Never happen, just look at the state of the railways and post office, run down and hardly any staff with the bosses earning millions and the public paying out a fortune for a crappy service, good old privatisation.
Privatization needs to be done within a legislative framework to ensure mandated minimum standards of service delivery. If the railways and post office system declined after privatization then it wasn't implemented correctly.

Reply to Lets go then lol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock