• Thread starter Guest77
  • Start date
  • Replies 135
  • Views 11K

Currently reading:
Lets go then lol

Discuss Lets go then lol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nonsense.

distinctly remember, during the labour government about 1999-2000, a scottish ahrea health authority advertising for an assistant to the condoms manager, £20 odd K for showing people how to use rubbers, FFS.

My whole point about privatisation is that it should never have happened. The assets that have been sold were financed and therefore owned by the taxpayer IE you and me. What should have happened with the likes of BT is they should have head hunted senior management from industry and have them ran as businesses, that way all the revenue would have poured into the public purse instead of the amount of corporation tax that their accountants now decide to pay.

I am amazed you got someone answering the phone, as I explained earlier they have all been made redundant, an empty office with a recorded voice message won't be able to help you will it?
If you let the phone ring for 40minutes someone will answer around here there is not much in the way of redundancy for council workers but just not for the customer it seems they are for themselves

distinctly remember, during the labour government about 1999-2000, a scottish ahrea health authority advertising for an assistant to the condoms manager, £20 odd K for showing people how to use rubbers, FFS.
Would be interesting to actually see the job information for that, I wonder how it was worded lol

OK then,who introduced NHS trusts?
Who introduced the concept of sales and marketing into the NHS?
Who decided that a hospital should now be ran by accountants instead of health professionals?
Bafore you answer any of those you should know that one of my very good friends has just retired from the NHS so I have a lot of dirt straight from the horses mouth

My whole point about privatisation is that it should never have happened. The assets that have been sold were financed and therefore owned by the taxpayer IE you and me. What should have happened with the likes of BT is they should have head hunted senior management from industry and have them ran as businesses, that way all the revenue would have poured into the public purse instead of the amount of corporation tax that their accountants now decide to pay.
I agree with you trev but it seems as they were "government workers " they were in the job for life bracket so had no need to work hard or carry out there duties correctly

Who decided that a hospital should now be ran by accountants instead of health professionals?
Bafore you answer any of those you should know that one of my very good friends has just retired from the NHS so I have a lot of dirt straight from the horses mouth
You will never convince Tel Trev, he is a screeming Tory :grin:

this is the sort of crap that the NHS wastes money on. i dare you to read past page 1. how many hip replacements could have been carried out for what this report cost?

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph6/resources/behaviour-change-marketing-review2
The NHS wastes money regardless of who is in government, that said it has improved drastically from the pre new labour days where waiting lists were 2 years and now just a few weeks, so it is more efficient than previously. I have a feeling it is getting worse again though, I wonder why?

Why did we need sales and marketing for the nhs more waste of money
And you only have from one horse trev
Which is what you said roughly when you ridiculed another chap on here talking about the block of flats he lived in and giving examples of unemployed and eastern Europeans

The NHS wastes money regardless of who is in government, that said it has improved drastically from the pre new labour days where waiting lists were 2 years and now just a few weeks, so it is more efficient than previously. I have a feeling it is getting worse again though, I wonder why?[/QUOTE
To few pay in to many take out

for a start foreigners and drunks should be made to pay. that'll save a few quid.

The NHS wastes money regardless of who is in government, that said it has improved drastically from the pre new labour days where waiting lists were 2 years and now just a few weeks, so it is more efficient than previously. I have a feeling it is getting worse again though, I wonder why?[/QUOTE
To few pay in to many take out

yeah, scum bags the lot of them.

If every one paid £2 a day if they can afford it then the country would save money if everone who was not a British resident was asked to pay £4 a day it would all help

Why did we need sales and marketing for the nhs more waste of money
And you only have from one horse trev
Which is what you said roughly when you ridiculed another chap on here talking about the block of flats he lived in and giving examples of unemployed and eastern Europeans
The first sentence made sense, the concept of sales and marketing was introduced into the NHS by the tory government of the Thatcher/Major years so if you need to know why they were brought in I suggest you ask a tory.
The rest of it made no sense at all mate, sorry.

for a start foreigners and drunks should be made to pay. that'll save a few quid.
Drunks should pay because it's their fault that they're sick. Therefore DIYers should pay when they injure themselves, drivers should pay because if they weren't driving.......

You said you had it from the horses mouth but you are talking about 1 person

In an earlier thread some one said the block of flats I live in has unemployed blah blah and immigrants who blah blah
And you said he was basing his views on 1block of flats he lived in

Yes I have it from the horse's mouth. My mate ran a finance department, he always said he could have ran it more efficiently with half the staff he had, the good ones, but the government dictated that he needed more than he knew he did. As a consequence he had to employ idiots because usually, the good people working in that field didn't want to work in the NHS.
What do you expect me to ome out with when someone makes idiotic judgmental statements about the whole of society but then justifys it by saying that was what the people in his block were like.
Of course I'm going to call him out about such a ridiculous thing to say.

Habitual drinks who go in every week yes and to cover your extremes
Yes diyers who go in once a month should pay
But the amounts should be nominal

Habitual drinks who go in every week yes and to cover your extremes
Yes diyers who go in once a month should pay
But the amounts should be nominal
And the drivers?
What about pedestrians? After all, if they hadn't been walking down that street then they wouldn't have been injured so those scumbags should also be given a bill surely.
What about those injured in the line of doing their job? After all, if they'd chosen a different career path......
Either the NHS is free at the point of delivery or it isn't.
While we're on, and on pretty much the same topic, why should you be forced to pay for my grandson's education because my taxes ain't going to cover the whole bill?
If you say that you'd put him up a chimney I'll hunt you down and kill you :)

My money goes in and who needs help gets it the old , the sick , those in need of education if your unemployed and can't pay then the rest do.my prices before £2 and£4 (examples) were for if you were in hospital .I had an operation on my arm after I was run over by a white van man . I think the operation was fantastic if they said that they wanted £20 I would have paid and been happy to pay for it

My money goes in and who needs help gets it the old , the sick , those in need of education if your unemployed and can't pay then the rest do.my prices before £2 and£4 (examples) were for if you were in hospital .I had an operation on my arm after I was run over by a white van man . I think the operation was fantastic if they said that they wanted £20 I would have paid and been happy to pay for it
What if they'd said you owed 20k and you couldn't afford to pay it?

Who said I owed20k and why would they I , am paying my taxes etc so where would 20k come from
You said you'd have been happy to pay £20, hence my escalation. If it carries on, not only will you still be paying exactly the same rate of taxation you are now but you'll be forced to pay for medical treatment.
How do you feel about that?

In the hospital department where my wife works they had approximately 10 secretaries these were responsible for all admin throughout the hospital,they had 1 office manager,over the years they've lost 6 secretary's gained 3 managers and my wife has been made senior appointments officer.Basically she does a lot more work than she did,has more responsibility but gets the same crap wage,the secretary's were not replaced due to a lack of funding!

You said you'd have been happy to pay £20, hence my escalation. If it carries on, not only will you still be paying exactly the same rate of taxation you are now but you'll be forced to pay for medical treatment.
How do you feel about that?
Agree totally Trev,bit like in the states,true they won't let you die,but they do the minimum necessary.say you got run over and had badly damaged legs,in the states if you didn't have private health care thet'd just take them off to solve the issue rather than trying to save them.we have a lot of caring people in our NHS,its just certain people are intent on destroying it.I know a surgeon who was coming off shift when a young man was brought in after a bike crash,his legs were in a really bad state and he heard the doctor talking about a double amputation.He got involved and saved the lads legs,he's also pioneered a good few surgical techniques and rescue procedures,he does this not for the money but because he is dedicated and believes in giving the patient the best outcome.What a pity the managers don't look at things the same way.

Reply to Lets go then lol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock