Currently reading:
Loft conversion help?

Discuss Loft conversion help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking at wiring a loft conversion , it’s a large loft and there will be a bathroom a bedroom and a walk in wardrobe , The sockets are wired from the loft but are in conduit to a junction box (have only located one junction box just now) I plan on taking my cables for sockets and lights to the main DB to be on there own circuits instead of tapping into any new ones , there will be 8 sockets and a some downlights , there are no spare circuit breakers in the main DB I am wondering can I use an existing mcb for say the upstairs sockets for my socket circit and make mine a radial circuit to have more space in the MCB and the Lights into the upstairs lights MCB as there will only be two switches to go to in the loft doing loop in at switches method . Any other ideas would be helpful but if I need to will just have to change Main DB to gain space for new circuits

Like I stated existing circuuts are all in conduit and instead of tapping in to them I wish to run new socket and lighting circuits
I'd sooner tap into them than bodge "new circuits" into a full consumer unit. If you want new circuits change consumer or add a new one. If not, tap into the existing lighting circuit and ring. If exisiting consumer unit doesn't have RCD protection, that's something else to deal with for the additions.

Reply to Loft conversion help? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock