Currently reading:
Main bonding upgrade.

Discuss Main bonding upgrade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StuSpiers

Righto not entirely sure what to do certification wise.

Job is upgrade of main earth and main bonding.

I was thinking an installation cert without a schedule of test results as I am not touching any circuits.

and secondary is this notifiable I'm thinking yes but may be wrong.

Never done this job on it's own before always been tagged onto a fuseboard change or additional circuit.

EDIT:

now i'm thinking.....

Zs at fuseboard would be required....

schedule of test results required then.

In this situation then I think maybe a written letter explaining the job, with relevant calcs, and BS7671 table refs. A EIC may look like a blank price of paper if it's just bonding/earthing listed. Remember other forms are not precluded, provided no less information is provided.

- - - Updated - - -

In this situation then I think maybe a written letter explaining the job, with relevant calcs, and BS7671 table refs. A EIC may look like a blank price of paper if it's just bonding/earthing listed. Remember other forms are not precluded, provided no less information is provided.

I'm thinking EIC with SOTR for the continuity readings of your bonding mate.
Now where did I put that tin hat

That sounds like a plan!

Ta.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll do that too.

Oh, yes. I'm not disputing. I agree with EIC. Earthing conductor obviously very important.

It's just that he asked if it was notifiable and no one answered this

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Main bonding upgrade. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock