Search the forum,

Discuss metal consumer units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you are fitting amendment 3 boards, currently doing an extension for my parents and the board is to be replaced as not enough capacity. Unsure wether to fit metal or plastic.

I give them the option, what sort of price are you saying for metal over plastic? I'm saying £100 more

Roughly £100 more as well. I've got to install one on Thursday that the customer has supplied on an extension I'm doing, the only problem is it's a Lap board from screw fix which they are selling a fully populated 10way dual RCD metal board for £72.50 plus VAT in the new electric fix catalogue page 311 if you have a copy.

What makes are you finding the best, what kind of prices for 12 way fully populated? I've got some spare Schneider rcbos, considering buying an empty board and fitting individual rcbo.

What makes are you finding the best, what kind of prices for 12 way fully populated? I've got some spare Schneider rcbos, considering buying an empty board and fitting individual rcbo.

I don't buy 'fully populated' boards! I buy a board with the MCBs I need for each job.

I've fitted wylex so far as hager seem to have some kind of back log or something or other. Will try a hager when I get one as looking at the catalogue they seem like some thought has actually gone in to it. I picked up the wylex board with MCB's and wiska gland for around £120.

I only got Hager boards, I keep a lot of stock of parts etc and loads of breakers, so I'll only fit metal hager design 30 boards.

Oh and I only buy empty boards then populate them, this is the price I got the other day

image.jpg

I have always fitted plastic on domestic installations and will continue to do so for as long as possible. I think it's a load of crap. If the boards are fitted correctly they are perfectly safe. Are the dno's fitting metal clad isolators now? ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Its BED Electrical in Market Harborough, they are an independent, they have four branches, they only sell good stuff, I don't use Eddies at all now, and rarely go in Screwfix either because I say can you stock X and they do. They are really nice.

Reply to metal consumer units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back