Search the forum,

Discuss My first central heating job in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My first ever central heating job. Simple combi replacement. Timeclock and receiver wired in for wireless stat. Happy days.

c3ff63c8.jpg

these grant work companies are far from organised, there just little companies that land a big contract, need alot of employees in a short time and never build up like they should, believe me ive worked/subbied for most of them, they all like to say how big they are and what there turnover is but when it comes down to it, there shoddy. the work they produce is good overall its just the business side most of them are bad at.
but when i first started doing them years ago i was put on snagging so i was driving about sorting other peoples fail which taught me what the inspectors like to see and what they dont. and never think 'thats the regs so itll be ok' because sometimes there spec is to the regs and more, all TT systems need to have a 10mm earth to gas and water, even though the regs let you get away with 6mm. and was your bath rad bonded? if not that will fail unless you write 'bath rad <0.05 ohms' on the cert.

its plumbers ticking boxes at the end of the day

Cross bond without fail,otherwise they will only send you back,install looks tidy enough,the eaga inspectors are not qualified sparks,so as long as everything is all in place they will tick the boxes and pass the job.make sure 3amp fuses are used as if u forget they always send back to change.

cross bond on a boiler. why do so many of these inspectors work on 10 year old regs. they should get back on tools, if they were ever on them in the first place. muppets

It is ridiculous though. I was never told this and since my first one, I have done probably 30+ more installs, none cross bonded at boiler. Well cheased off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to My first central heating job in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back