Search the forum,

Discuss Please help! USB Headset wiring? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dturbo

Hi there! My first post as I really cant find anything on the internet to help me! So I've found this place as a last resort!.

Ok, I have a USB Headset (Creative Fatality HS-1000). The left ear was playing up recently, had to wobble the wire near where it meets the ear cup to make it work half the time and it was really frustrating me, anyway, I cracked open the black plastic where the fault was, and found one wire a bit shoddy, so anyway, I ended up chopping it and now i get seem to get it to work again!.

Heres a run down,

5 wires inside the black shielding.

Red
Blue
Green
White + some random copper wiring around it
and finally the wire thats severed, its Green and Gold. It seems to have that fibre fluffy stuff in it and twisting it together doesnt work :/

The white wire with the copper shielding around it, the shielding has severed too, tried twisting that back together aswell but doesnt want to work. The right ear works fine, as does the microphone, and the inline volume control light still works aswell as its volume function, so I'm really at a loss as to why the hell the left ear wont work!. Surely its a simple case of just twsting that green and gold wire together? or is it possibly more complicated than that?. It has to make contact with others?

Any help is really appreciated man as I really dont have the money to buy another one!.

Nevermind, I sorted it. Simply soldered the severed wire directely to the connection of the speaker of the left cup and it works perfectly.

Reply to Please help! USB Headset wiring? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back