Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss rcd tripping in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marty1234

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

some help at job last night the rcd triped out after 3 or 4 minites after power was switched on it when re set it tripped out again . rcd is 63 amp 30ma cragtree any help

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
J

johnnyb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Turn, all yer mcb,s off, and reset rcd, if it holds 1by1 switch the mcb,s on, find out which circuits the problems on, then unplug or switch off everything on that circuit, see if it holds, if it does start pluggin things back in till you find the culprit.
Very simple mate really, i thinks you should know that mate, really.

M

marty1234

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
johnnb i am not that daft mate done all that i disconnected all cables from the mcbs tested rcd with my meter it tripped off at 1% in 14ms and at 5% 34 but with no load on it it only lasts 3 to 4 mins think for you help new new rcd incomer req

slocm3105

-
Arms
johnnb i am not that daft mate done all that i disconnected all cables from the mcbs tested rcd with my meter it tripped off at 1% in 14ms and at 5% 34 but with no load on it it only lasts 3 to 4 mins think for you help new new rcd incomer req
Im guessing you mean 1x and 5x. And surely 1x should be slower to trip than 5x? Try giving the circuits an insulation resistance test(unless you already have done of course but you didnt mention it). Youll soon find out where your faults at :). Also at what rating does the rcd trip at? they generally trip at around 24mA.

Cheers

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to rcd tripping in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom