Search the forum,

Discuss Shed lighting and Outdoor lighting Help! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisgc

Hi all,

My brother has asked me to install the following at his work place yard:

INSIDE of SHED at the bottom of yard:
Install 1x Twin socket (these sockets will mainly be used to plug an extension reel into)
Install 2x Fluorescent lights

OUTSIDE OF YARD ATTATCHED TO TIN ROOF:
Install 2x Spotlights
Replace 4x damaged Fluo lights

At the moment he does have a CU inside his yard office BUT as of yet no CU in shed.

Should I just run everything off existing CU or would it be a case of Installing a new CU in shed etc.

I have just passed course so he is kindly giving me the oppurtunity to price up and install as my first job - so just making sure I am not taking on to much that I can handle.

If someone could give me a bit of a walkthrough list of what would be the best way to tackle this then I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from any of you good people.

Chris

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

The shed is about 20-25 metres away from the office.

Hope this helps with your suggestions.

Chris

you could run a 5 core swa out, then you have provisions for lighting and power, using the CU in the house. you could then put an isolator in th shed but you would't really need to. or just put a small 2 or three way CU in shed with its own RCD, this can also be the main switch for this CU. SWA size? say...4mm or so

think he's done and dusted by now mate. the thread's nearly 4 years old.

Reply to Shed lighting and Outdoor lighting Help! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock