Currently reading:
Sockets Keeping Tripping Help...

Discuss Sockets Keeping Tripping Help... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Chezza

-
Reaction score
Hello, and thank you for reading.
I am having a problem with my sockets in my house both upstairs and downstairs.

It started with the hoover, it was tripping out in various sockets intermittently. We thought it was the hoover so bought a new one just in case. However it stopped tripping out so carried on using it.

Subsequently my washer (3 years old) not integrated just stand alone also keeps tripping out at various stages of the wash.... so we tried the plus above it on the counter top - same tripped out. We've also tried running an extension lead into the living room and it also cuts the electricity out. So its not the socket. We thought it might be the machine, until we plugged it into a socket near the phone line and it worked (hubby reckons this socket is linked to something else).

Yesterday my steam generator iron tripped the electric in a socket upstairs...had to use the travel iron for school clothes! cant use the steam iron because it will trip the electric in any socket in the house bar the front room one the washer went in.

This afternoon, my soup maker tripped the electrics. Its a Morphy Richards one like a kettle....works the same way then blends loudly.

However...…
My fridge, Fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, microwave, electric oven, computer and printer seem fine, as does my central heating pump timer.

I'm at a loss as to what it could be....its not a particular socket, or a particular item....

On my electric box, its the socket switch that keeps going down, however my house lights also go off but the switch for them stays up.

Can anyone help me? offer advice? been in a similar situation?
thanks in advance....

Well an EICR clarify the condition of the OP's installation, nullifying the need for changing bits here and there, or do you disagree with that as well?

There is no need for changing bits here and there whether an Eicr is carried out or not, having one carried out will not nullify a homeowners knee-jerk reaction of replacing an appliance which appears to have caused a fault.

In this case carrying out an EICR will not help the problem of the tripping fault, it will just give the customer a report which identifies that there is a fault which requires further investigation.

The OP seems to have done a terrific amount of replacement,substitution,swapping,and dismantling....if i was to be asked if i thought they are now going to commission an EICR,i would guess not ;)

Reply to Sockets Keeping Tripping Help... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock