Search the forum,

Discuss UK Reinstates 1st April feed in tariff deadline in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are ClickGreen just jumping to conclusions though? Surely there should be a proper announcement?

Is it a good thing? Depends. Are the government stupid enough to slash below 21p after April or will they find some money from elsewhere?

I think it is a good thing and I don't expect a rush even remotely similar to what we have just had.

Not too sure if this is a good thing. The tariff must reflect the prices and prices have gone down. Don't want to go into specifics on my prices but pretty sure were all not that far out from each other- Hows about a 5 year payback anyone?

I don't think there will be a big rush again, those on the fence jumped. I do think there will be quite a few installs though before the cut off, just not as mad as before and of course the time frame is a little better now as well.

Are we sure this doesn't just relate to the 21p rate from April, because originally the 43p rate was going to run to April and then reduce to 21p for installs after 12 dec. Are we sure this announcement means new installs before April are going to be fixed at 43.3p?

The report states that following the launch on October 31 of a consultation to reduce the size of cash subsidies for solar PV, the changes are now “proposed to be implemented from 1st April 2012”.

Not so sure about this, couldn't it just be DECC telling us that the 21p rate will be paid from 1 April irrespective of whether the reference date remains as the 12 Dec or gets changed to 23 Dec or 8 Feb? I don't take it as read that this means the reference date will now be 1 April. Those who sell on this basis would be taking a very risky position.

If this is right and they don't cut the tariff when the budget runs out then I think we'll have a massive rush, lower prices are still new in our area and it opens up a whole new market. Looks like San Francisco might have to go by the board again!!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really ****ed off with all of this uncertainty. I just want to make a living and have a holiday every now and then. It's not much to ask :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
prices, as we have discovered, reflect demand so if the demand increases as expected then we will probably see a rise in prices again.

Least I got my op out the way! Now just need to get up to date on my paperwork!!

I can't imagine that the DECC report that ClickGreen are citing in anyway changes what we already know. Systems with an Eligibility Date after 11/12/11 will get 43.3p until 1st April, then drop to 21p. ClickGreen are reading too much into it.

AFAIK DECC are still planning to appeal the Judicial Review.

But the eligibility date of the 12/12 has been deemed unlawful and subject to an appeal by DECC would technically mean that the 43p will be paid for installations up until 31st March for the 25 year term.

holiday? your having it now ;-)

True, unfortunately I'm having to spend it working out my mess of personal tax - almost as bad as the solar rush of November/December!!

Marrakech a week today though, just in time for any DECC announcement! I'M NOT CANCELLING THIS ONE!!!!!!

I need something explaining to me please.South east £356m for 22 jobs but North East just £128m investment for 1413 jobs would it not have been better to put the mone where jobs could be created or am i missing something.Obviously the north east is my area so stood out for me.

Reply to UK Reinstates 1st April feed in tariff deadline in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock