Search the forum,

Discuss Why use 12v downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bul

-
Reaction score
Do many of you choose to install 12v downlights instead of mains ones?
I was thinking that doing away with the problem of the transformers failing. I still see reasonably new installations with 12v downlights.

Any augment for using MR16 low voltage downlighters instead of the latest 230v led GU10's, has now gone.
I'm thinking the only reason is that they can still buy end of line really cheap MR16 stuff because making profit is more important than giving their customers the most appropriate and up to date lighting solution.

As an apprentice we always fitted 12v due the the brighter, whiter, light output.

These days I only fit high quality led fittings

I recently replaced some of your 'bright, crisp white' 12v halogens:
20150610_131950.jpg
I changed them for Philips GU10 LEDs:
20150626_113105.jpg
I know which one I think looks better.

I recently replaced some of your 'bright, crisp white' 12v halogens:
View attachment 30253
I changed them for Philips GU10 LEDs:
View attachment 30254
I know which one I think looks better.

wtf? 12v mr16 is brighter and a better quality of light than gu10 halogen. It's only the new LED fittings that have bettered them.

Your pictures are not comparable due to the other light sources present in the second picture. Retake the pictures without the additional lighting and using a camera which does not automatically adjust it's settings.

Reply to Why use 12v downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock