Discuss Advice on marketing/getting jobs - just been Niceic approved. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

daz24

Hi there

Well got my Niceic approval this week for domestic jobs - just need some work now ! I decided to go self employed in November after my company decided to stop paying wages due & were messing us all about BUT it has taken until now to get my assement done so I havent done any advertising yet until I could start using their logo etc.

Any advice would be appreciated on best way to get work & advertise.

I need some business cards & flyers - any tips on where best to get them sorted - would also need a design.

Should I put adverts in local post office/paper or post flyers through doors ? Also intending to give business cards to everyone I know + was thinking of talking to a few local contractors ie. central heating installers/plumbers etc.

I see a few people have mentioned the rated tradespeople website - how does this work & is it worth it ?

I know its going to be tough especially in this current climate but any advice would be a help.

Cheers
Daz

goodprint is a good place to get stuff printed upor vista print. im in the process of enquireing about the domestic installer with the nic is it hard getting everything togetha for their requirements? Or is it worth doin the aaproved part of it?

Hi to you both & thanks for reply - goodprint do look good - just watching the pennys though at the moment but may have to take the plunge.

As far as NIC assessment goes I was bricking it to say the least but they were very helpful on the day & although it felt like a driving test (infact worse than that) I managed to get through it ok.

You will have to put some money up to start with as books they want & test equipment callibration/proving unit etc cost money but I suppose its the initial outlay thats a lot & then hopefully should not be too bad.

I will let you know in about a year if its all been worth it though !!!

Cheers
Daz

Reply to Advice on marketing/getting jobs - just been Niceic approved. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock