Discuss Aggressive electrician demanding payment...what do we do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bit of a bleak outlook on things, don’t have to sympathise with either side. but if either party has been wronged it should be sorted especially if they have evidence to defend there case.

I think in most cases the threat of going threw courts would scare most people into getting there act togeather.

I had done a customers lighting recently, landscaper redoing decking pathways etc to the sum of 26k and the workmanship was terrible bendy decking path falling to pieces refused to correct his work. All going threw courts at the moment. To say tuff would be abit too much of a kick In the teeth.
You been taking spelling lessons from Buzz? tuff, threw,togeather, there.:tongue::yum: Pedant is my forte.

Is it just me who thinks the customer has no right to see my invoices, nor indeed any business seeing them?

It depends. We have contracts that can get audited. In these cases we must produce material invoices.

It would depend on the agreement settled on between the customer and contractor.

Is it just me who thinks the customer has no right to see my invoices, nor indeed any business seeing them?

some people offer "open book" agreements ..............

In this case I think that the sparky isn't being straight with the client

wonder what timescales and payment schedules were discussed before he started?

I'd say in this case the customer does have a right to see the invoices for materials.
They say they were asked to pay £1400 up front, specifically for materials.

If they'd been asked to pay £1400 part payment towards the total job cost, that would be different, a breakdown of material cost which would inlcude his mark up would do.

If it goes to arbitration / court he'll need to provide them.
If they've been aquired, then they have a value which could be declared.

I do agree with you to a level, I add a small mark up on my invoices for time spent and any parts that may go faulty.

Recently I’ve had a client demand receipts for led downlights so that he would be able to use the warranty if needed, handed them as it seemed a fair enough reason.

I do agree with you to a level, I add a small mark up on my invoices for time spent and any parts that may go faulty.

Recently I’ve had a client demand receipts for led downlights so that he would be able to use the warranty if needed, handed them over as it seemed a fair enough reason.

demand receipts for led downlights so that he would be able to use the warranty if needed, handed them as it seemed a fair
if you bought them for a whole centre then the warrantee goes to you not the cliant.
I had put in cctv hard drive 12 months warrantee .customer rings up after 12 months it does not work
give me your whole centre address
so i can take it back and get a replacement . o yeah.

Reply to Aggressive electrician demanding payment...what do we do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net