Search the forum,

Discuss basic voltage test in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys

using a voltmeter on a dead 20amp radial with a few appliances still plugged in why do i get continuity between live and earth,, neutral and earth???

I understand that between live and neutral i would get continuity because the load is just a resistance but cant get my head around live and earth?? is this just normal earth leakage?

i know you always do insulation and continuity tests with no appliances connected just wondering

you'll get a reading on LNE with tn-c-s and tn-s if there's appliances in circuit

if it's just the mcb off

the reading on tt will be higher

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to basic voltage test in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock