Search the forum,

Discuss bell cablee feeding pendant in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davetherave1979

Hi all got to change a fuse board but the house has beel cable single cores twisted together feeding the pendant am i correct in changing these during the board change or can i leave them and make a note on the cert thanks

i would certainly replace any bell cable on the installation. it's only rated for ELV and around 3A. rip it out.

If it is what i think you are describing then it is not actually bell cable but does look similar ?
It has to go , i can not remember where i know it from but it is i believe it is a code 1 !
Something to do with the insulation degrading and making it a serious shock and fire risk !
I as always stand to be corrected but that is my take on it .

I think it's know as class 0 - there's only basic protection, like how they used to make those christmas tree lights where all the bulbs were in series. As per the appliance code of practice they shouldn't be sold or used in commercial or domestic properties.

I once worked at a house and they asked me to change over the wall light fittings. Thet were wired in bell wire. The lot came out.

Reply to bell cablee feeding pendant in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back