Discuss Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in one room? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in the same room? I have a row of existing lamps 600mm apart in a straight line & I would like to leave them turned on but only come on when someone is there.
Here is a link to the type I am considering if it is possible. - Amazon.co.uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxvista-Equivalent-Incandescent-Detection-Non-Dimmable/dp/B08LYN48VN/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=116957425624&hvadid=606070647567&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006984&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13040099703703151859&hvtargid=kwd-913402207374&hydadcr=20007_2280932&keywords=gu10+bulb+with+motion+sensor&qid=1706538591&sr=8-5

p.s. if it is possible I need about 20 of them, any suggestions where to get some?

Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in the same room? I have a row of existing lamps 600mm apart in a straight line & I would like to leave them turned on but only come on when someone is there.
Here is a link to the type I am considering if it is possible. - Amazon.co.uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxvista-Equivalent-Incandescent-Detection-Non-Dimmable/dp/B08LYN48VN/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=116957425624&hvadid=606070647567&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006984&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13040099703703151859&hvtargid=kwd-913402207374&hydadcr=20007_2280932&keywords=gu10+bulb+with+motion+sensor&qid=1706538591&sr=8-5

p.s. if it is possible I need about 20 of them, any suggestions where to get some?

Bear in mind they will come on at slightly different times depending on where there is movement in the room.

And also if you are sat down reading or watching TV etc they will gradually turn off unless you move.

Bear in mind they will come on at slightly different times depending on where there is movement in the room.

And also if you are sat down reading or watching TV etc they will gradually turn off unless you move.
Thanks, they are along a corridor so only briefly used.
I saw on aliexpress that two can't be used in a room together which is why I checked here.
Here is the link that concerns me. - 6.43€ 61% de réduction|Ampoules Ronde Led Gu10 Pir, À Lumière Blanche Et Capteur De Mouvement, Dispositif 5 À 50 W, 500lm 6000k Pour Escaliers, Garage, Couloir, Passerelle, 2 Paquets - Tubes Et Ampoules Led - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32907378386.html

Can't help wondering why you wouldn't just switch the whole corridor on and off at the same time? You get what you pay for where PIRs are concerned and any savings from switching individual lamps will be far exceeded by cost of individual PIRs.

I definitely wouldn't recommend buying from unknown entities on Aliexpress.

I note that both links are for GU10 lamps with inbuilt PIR.

First time I've seen such a thing, but again quality would be foremost in my mind as cheap lamps have a better than evens chance of being manufactured to a less than ideal standard. Looking at reviews on Amazon two issues consistently tagged as neutral are 'performance' and 'quality', while 'flickering' and 'lifespan' are consistently tagged as negatives.

At around £4/lamp I'd be looking for the best that money can buy. You could buy 20 decent LED lamps and a few good quality PIRs to cover the entire corridor for around the same price, with a reasonable expectation of reliability and long life.

Sorry to seem negative, but these PIR lamps scream cheaply manufactured gimmick. My suggestion above would probably require the services of an electrician, so you might feel the PIR lamps are worth a try. If you do go that route I'd be interested in learning of your experience after a year or so.

I note that both links are for GU10 lamps with inbuilt PIR.

First time I've seen such a thing, but again quality would be foremost in my mind as cheap lamps have a better than evens chance of being manufactured to a less than ideal standard. Looking at reviews on Amazon two issues consistently tagged as neutral are 'performance' and 'quality', while 'flickering' and 'lifespan' are consistently tagged as negatives.

At around £4/lamp I'd be looking for the best that money can buy. You could buy 20 decent LED lamps and a few good quality PIRs to cover the entire corridor for around the same price, with a reasonable expectation of reliability and long life.

Sorry to seem negative, but these PIR lamps scream cheaply manufactured gimmick. My suggestion above would probably require the services of an electrician, so you might feel the PIR lamps are worth a try. If you do go that route I'd be interested in learning of your experience after a year or so.
This means you can cover an entire hallway for around £100, knowing you're using products that are reliable and durable. Not bad

The point to remember is that these type of bulbs do not come on when it's light, ie when there is light around.
So imagine a long corridor with a few of these down its length. If the corridor is dark when you enter at one end and start walking, the first bulb will detect you and come on. The second bulb will see the light from the first and de-activate itself, so will not come on as you continue walking. That may also be true of bulbs further down the corridor, which will be de-activated by the ambient light from the first.
My experience with battery versions of this type of lamp is that it takes a while for bulbs that have been exposed to light to set themselves a new 'dark' level, so you may find that the lamps further down the corridor never come on as you keep walking.
The first lamp will go out after about 30 seconds, and will remember its 'dark' setting, but the others MAY take a while to become active again.

You can try it, but the clear warning in the advert is not to use multiples of these bulbs in the same room (because when one comes on, if the other didn't instantly detect you with the first, it will be de-activated by light from the first).

I don't think these bulbs will behave in the way you need them to.

I've a few flush pirs fitted around the house

Hallways , Kitchen , Toilet etc

One of the best things I ever did

The pir integrated into the gu10 makes no sense to me anyhow if there's more than 1

Reply to Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in one room? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net