Search the forum,

Discuss Cheapest Calibration Service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brookster

Hi Guys,

Anyone have an idea who the cheapest place to use for calibration in the UK (would really prefer Glasgow) is?
I just have a Fluke and a clamp meter to get cal.
Any help is great!

How much mate :) every penny is a prisoner for me just now. I think I've found a place in my home town who might be a wait n cal ACS I think they are called.

A couple of months ago I used britanniatandm
s.gif
from ebay. £35 including delivery back to you. Postage to them is extra. Excellant service. Posted monday and got it back Wednesday. The are based in cleveland.

I used mike from OSCS he comes to you and charged £55 for a set of testers i dont have a MFT but you dont lose thenm for a few days so good value.

Cheap isn't always the best way to go, with test equipment that you rely on, on a day to day basis!!

As for these guys that come to you, or those outlets that calibrate while you wait, ...i would love to know how they can comply with the testing parameters that is associated with both their test equipment and the test kits under test!! Fine if all you want, is what will amount to, a drive-by cert i suppose!! lol!!

I use Instrument Repairs & Calibration in East Kilbride. £27.00 each for my multimeter & clampmeter for UKAS calibration. 2-3 turnaround. Bargain.

My MFT got lost last year. The courier went to the wrong address, don't know where, left it outside a front door and didn't even get a signature. The tracking showed that it had been delivered and that I had signed for it! Luckily they retraced their steps a few days later and managed to get it back.

So I'm not in a hurry to send mine anywhere this year! (anyone know of somewhere around Reading / Berkshire where I can get it calibrated?)

Reply to Cheapest Calibration Service in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock