Discuss Explosion Proof Wiring Systems in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive been working on a hazardous area site for the past 13 years 10 unaided so the statments i have made are correct so please dont embarrass yourself trying to disprove them.the rambo guip is in reference to your " Challenger 2 main battle tank ive been in the TA " bit.youre not in the army so let it go.

im not an expert on anything so ill only write what i know to be true.

its been fun, have a nice weekend.

Lol nice to know it took you 3 yrs to make glands off.. speedy gonzalas, before you were unaided. lmao some achievement. Whahahahahahahahahahaha. Can you link up with specs and post some funnies, in the jokes section. Whahahahahahahaha

Last edited:
Yes, which can only be done in a controlled way, not instantaneously as you say. A part of me thinks due to your attitude and tone that you happen to be the one without any knowledge. You seem rather defensive for someone who supposedly has nothing to prove.

I'm also not quite sure I understand the 'Rambo' quip?

Hey ho though, you know everthing so I guess that makes everyone elses knowledge irrelevant. Sorry to have questioned you Your Grace!
I didn't understand the Rambo bit either! Rambo didn't need a tank, he was a one man army! :D

haha its really funny reading some of these old posts by people with limited knowledge trying to look like they know what their talking about.
a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Limited knowledge, ..... haha, you'll have to enlighten me then. lol!!

I've probably forgotten more than you presently seem to know!! The gap that you're talking about, only occurs during the event of an internal explosion, the width of the extended flat mating surfaces are designed to expand just enough to allow the controlled escape of safe cooled gases to the surrounding potentially hazardous atmosphere.

Anyway, so what is so different from what i've stated earlier on in this thread, to your new 4 pennies worth??

You're the guy enquiring about choc blocks and talking about 20KA fault currents aren't you? Are you using these choc blocks in Ex'd enclosures then and forgot to mention that little bit of info?? BTW, what method do you employ to IR circuits at your site??

Last edited by a moderator:
wow this is getting exciting.

who said ive been doing glands for 3 years? been installing and calibrating process equipment such as I/P convertors, pressure transmitters, massflow meters and other 4-20mA stuff im sure you can relate to that toonlad.

the post about connectors was me trying to find out at what fault currents if any are connector blocks designed to,but seems no one knows.

didnt seek out to knock eng54 but his post made me chuckle.

lots of love,looking forward to the next onslaught.

ill just add this, the gap does not occur during a explosion its always there and it is measured with feeler gauges. just remember to use a silicon based grease to prevent the flamepath from rusting.

Lol nice to know it took you 3 yrs to make glands off.. speedy gonzalas, before you were unaided. lmao some achievement. Whahahahahahahahahahaha. Can you link up with specs and post some funnies, in the jokes section. Whahahahahahahaha

That proves nothing. It just means you could have been doing it badly for 13 years. Hell ive seen sparks that have been doing it for 25-30 years and they were terrible (qualified)

Ok mate what specific regulation are you talking about id like to know so i can look it up

yep thats right ive been doing it badly for 13 years for the same chemical company checked by the same insurance inspector and the same instrument engineer,im surprised im still in emploment hahahahaha your pathetic attempts to discredit me will never work Whaahahahahahah *pulls black cloak over head and disappears in a cloud of smoke*

yep thats right ive been doing it badly for 13 years for the same chemical company checked by the same insurance inspector and the same instrument engineer,im surprised im still in emploment hahahahaha your pathetic attempts to discredit me will never work Whaahahahahahah *pulls black cloak over head and disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Im not having a dig just saying that experience isnt everything and just because someone has done something for a long time doesnt mean there good at it or know what they are doing

after having time to reflect on my posts ive decided to apologise to D Skelton, sorry mate it was wrong and unfair of me to mock and name call, hope you will accept this and think no ill of me.

Im not having a dig just saying that experience isnt everything and just because someone has done something for a long time doesnt mean there good at it or know what they are doing
for god sake never knew i had to justify myself, this is a forum for offering advice not a site for proving yourself.

now this does make me chuckle.ive got the qualifications but these are just bits of paper that anyone can get, the real proof in the pud is experience and having every single job inspected and passed by inspectors who have said they would be more than happy to give me recommendations but i dont have to justify myself, im earning a living and in 25 years have never been unemployed or sacked and had only 3 employers.

I did my gas training at the Safety in Mines Research Facility. A fantastic place, explosions galore!

The test rig for testing motors is fun, they have a motor with an over large flame path. Quite spectacular when the surrounding atmosphere is at just below to upper explosive limit.

Reply to Explosion Proof Wiring Systems in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net