Search the forum,

Discuss Help on how to get this light working? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

or put it back as it was and get a 3 phase supply. o_O, coz how it is is like buying a Chevy Corvette when you only have diesel fuel available.

or put it back as it was and get a 3 phase supply. o_O, coz how it is is like buying a Chevy Corvette when you only have diesel fuel available.
tried a single to three phase converter this lathe set up does not run on it correctly already explored

Please tell me this is for personal home use only, as the amount of statutory regulations you haven't followed is worrying.

Nobody wants to touch it as most electricians would not have the knowledge or competence to bring it up to current regulations. Once you start modifying the control of the machine they would legally have to CE mark it. If you plan on selling it at any point in the future you will have to do the same.

How are you planning on wiring a foot brake into the system? As you will need to stop the chuck within a set time, and that VFD you purchased is doubtful to have any functions that would satisfy this criteria.

The foot brake is mechanical as well as electrical when you push down on the brake it touches a contacter which turn the motor off then keep pushing the brake further down and it applies the brakes onto the spindle to bring it to a stop, this can and will be wired into the vfd other than this all that has really happened is i am now using a different control box

this is for home use and after speaking to alot of people on forums and companies this was the best route to go, people who already have a single or three phase lathe convert them to vfd this is not uncommom

20171012_154348.jpg

i was just wanting some advice on getting the light wired up to a plug just like a simple lamp

think i will need some sort of transformer but you lot will know better than me, and were to get it from.

Can you post a good picture of the transformer.

Without seeing it first-hand it is impossible to say how and where to connect that but it does have a 220v primary supply. I have no idea of your electrical skills but it is a straight forward build to obtain a 24v, 100va isolating transformer and fit it in an enclosure with suitable fusing and cord restraint. Does that lamp function.

Without seeing it first-hand it is impossible to say how and where to connect that but it does have a 220v primary supply. I have no idea of your electrical skills but it is a straight forward build to obtain a 24v, 100va isolating transformer and fit it in an enclosure with suitable fusing and cord restraint. Does that lamp function.
thats gone straight over my head thats why i was wanting to buy a tranformer of some sort wired to a plug easy if it can be done????

You need to search for a 24v, 100va power supply, if that is a standard tungsten lamp with a straight forward on/off switch it can be ac or dc.

Rob has already posted,what i was thinking,but there is a very good reason,that work lamp is designed to be DC...if the OP is not aware why this is,he may want to consider getting an overview of the project,by someone who does.

It might save either the OP,or whoever uses the machine in the future,the injury incurred,when going to place the chuck key,in a stationary chuck-that isn't.

Reply to Help on how to get this light working? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back