Discuss DC activated AC relay in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the contactor was made by Allen Bradley the C-12D10 info appears to say it's a 120v coil !
Its rated correctly for the 3-phase motor, but not for your single phase replacement.
I think the coil current will be well under 1A, but I haven't seen its current consumption mentioned in the data sheets.

Does the existing low voltage transformer not have a primary tap for 220/240V as well as the 415V connection?
No it doesn't 5 wires from the transformer in is active, neutral and earth out is active, neutral.
I haven't purchased the motor yet, the original 3pase was 1.1kw so I can drop the replacement to 1.1 to 1.4 kw which would be just under the 2hp rating (I would not have picked that up) thank you

IMG20240128204513.jpgIMG20240222073040.jpgIMG20240222073050.jpgIMG20240128204526.jpg
So far and there is a lot of work to do, these are before and after (at the moment) from what I was given to what I have repaired (the whole lot had to be stripped and reco'ed) bottom have is being replaced with rhs frame with wheels hence not painted or touched.
I haven't started the electric's yet still listening to all feedback before I even consider starting.
I have a couple parts but only in switches and of course the old 3phase electrics

Looks great. Nice to see it brought back to decent condition.

So far and there is a lot of work to do, these are before and after (at the moment) from what I was given to what I have repaired (the whole lot had to be stripped and reco'ed) bottom have is being replaced with rhs frame with wheels hence not painted or touched.
Thanks for posting the pic's. It's great to see the hardware relating to a forum question.
That's a project!
Lowering the motor power and using the existing contactor seems a good start. If the new motor is lighter in weight, will adjusting the counterbalance spring make up for the difference?
Also I wondered if there's any chance of tracking down a copy of the original wiring schematic? It might help when you come to sort the electrics.
Best of luck!

Thanks for posting the pic's. It's great to see the hardware relating to a forum question.
That's a project!
Lowering the motor power and using the existing contactor seems a good start. If the new motor is lighter in weight, will adjusting the counterbalance spring make up for the difference?
Also I wondered if there's any chance of tracking down a copy of the original wiring schematic? It might help when you come to sort the electrics.
Best of luck!
Actually the spring doesn't do a lot only engages when it's down fully to help with the initial lifting of the blade, it does have a locking mechanism that you can image in the spring in it's up position.
It's fairly front heavy with hydraulic ram with speed control for the blade decent.
I'll have a look after and see if I can find a circuit diagram for this model they should have a online one I would imagine.

Hello again everyone, it's been a while and I have not had a great deal of time on this project but hear is where it's at.
I had one in the office at work order the motor which I asked them to get the 1.1kw one as the 3phase relay running only 2 of the poles could only cope with 1.4 max.
When it came they had ordered the 1.5kw, I said I'd asked for the 1.1 and they replied no you said 1.4 and that was the closest, MMM.
I have had to piggyback 2 poles(connectors in the relay, incase I'm saying the wrong term) for the active and 2 for the neutral using 340v 37amp wire bridge, I hope what I'm doing is except able?
Finish wiring, fit caster wheels and fluid pump to go.
I just thought I'd post this update on the project mainly to thank everyone who has helped me along the way and to show the progress to those who have helped me with this

Cheers everyone

Attachments

• IMG20240401115138.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20240401115129.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 6

Reply to DC activated AC relay in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net