Discuss Selectable Voltage Sensing relay 0-18V AC in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thank you. Please would you send me a link to or details of the variac you have ordered.

Thank you. Please would you send me a link to or details of the variac you have ordered.
I just ran the experiments and even a few with various locomotives and I’m fairly impressed with results. I had to dial in the voltage on a few engines depending how they ran but overall impressed. One thing to note is that engines that use a classic air/tender(Polar Express for me) need to be dialed in at the right voltage otherwise they won’t sing as well or at all. Since you’re a London man, thought you might enjoy this. Pardon the mess. It’s not easy when you have a small apartment to play trains in.

I am pleased to here your original idea has worked. I think forum members would like to see the model railway if you would not mind posting a picture.

PS: Un plug or switch off the variac when not in use because even when there is nothing plugged into it there will be a small power consumption.

PS2: I suggest you buy a few more of the fuses which arrived with the variac, the exact same ones, because occasionally they can rupture due to what is called the switch on surge current. They should be marked up with their details.

Reactions: DPG
I am pleased to here your original idea has worked. I think forum members would like to see the model railway if you would not mind posting a picture.

PS: Un plug or switch off the variac when not in use because even when there is nothing plugged into it there will be a small power consumption.

PS2: I suggest you buy a few more of the fuses which arrived with the variac, the exact same ones, because occasionally they can rupture due to what is called the switch on surge current. They should be marked up with their details.
Sounds good. The event date is 11/17 I might be able to get some pics of the layout to you earlier. I’m sure the forum members will be pleased to see it.

Reply to Selectable Voltage Sensing relay 0-18V AC in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net