Currently reading:
Help on outside light

Discuss Help on outside light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

KWCFC

-
Arms
Reaction score
I am asking on behalf of a friend. Ive told him im just an apprentice on commercial and industrial, so Im stayin well away.

Basically he has an outside light with a motion sensor underneath, from what I can see it leads to a junction box then to a switch indoors. It hasnt been working for a while. He says he has gotten an electric shock from the junction box when he was messing around with it so that tells me there is power going to the junction box so it must be the light fitting that needs replacing? When he flicks the switch indoors he can hear a click from the light but it still doesnt work.

He says he has gotten an electric shock from the junction box when he was messing around with it so that tells me there is power going to the junction box

..............Cant he afford a Voltage Tester then ? :)

If its clicking and you, sorry, he has tried replacing the lamp then Bin the fitting and fit a new one.

C'mon now,get your testing gear out and practice your trade

I take it the junction box is accessable because he has done the duty finger test

If you want to just confirm suspicion,swap out the connections to the light with a flex and lamp holder
Switch the power off beforehand and see what comes of it

It will be difficult for anyone to remotely confirm the faulty fitting even with the clicking noise :)

Reply to Help on outside light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock