Currently reading:
Help with cabinet lighting

Discuss Help with cabinet lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GarryJ

-
Reaction score
EVENING ALL.

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING IN A BUTCHERS SHOP AND THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOME CABINET LIGHTING. I AM LOOKING AT THE FOLLOWING FITTING AND THEN LOOKING TO PURCHASE THE FOLLOWING LAMP TO PUT IN THE FITTING, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY BETTER IDEAS?

LOOKING AT A T5 CABINET FLUORESCENT FITTING BUT IT HAS TO BE A MEAT TUBE THATS IN IT TO ENHANCE THE COLOUR OF THE MEAT IN THE DISPLAY CABNINET ( I THINK THEY ARE NARVA/ NAFA TUBES) ?

FITTING - Leyton Lighting Cabinet Lighting - Fluorescent Strip » Leyton Lighting (THE T5 21W ONE)

LAMP - 21 Watt T5 Meat Display LT 21W T5-EQ/076 Fluorescent Tube 849mm| MeteorElectrical.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE WITH ANY HELP

Yes point taken, but what I was trying to get at would there be a need for enclosed type fittings with some IP category specified

Yes its meat they display in the cabinet, this is why they have asked for the above fluorescent tube.
I think I will go for the above fitting with lamp. The only thing I was unsure of is it said in the lamp spec that it was a T8 cap?

ah, see what you mean. seems to be for meat display counter, so don't thoink IP rating is critical.

I worked part time at a butchers when I was 15 and at the end of the day when cleaning up they scrub the $hit out of these cabinets for food hygiene reasons so I'd go for an IP rated. Unless they put pre packaged meat in the cabinets....

Reply to Help with cabinet lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock