Currently reading:
Honeywell ADE Optima Compact G4 will Not Set

Discuss Honeywell ADE Optima Compact G4 will Not Set in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

terrymac9

Hi Everyone

I hope you can help me on this issue. I installed the above panel in my partners house and it has been working fine for 8 months until last night.

She tried to set the system rom rkp and it just goes to unset on the LCD Display then back to day date and time display On the panel key pad when she inputs the code LED 1 illuminates Door exit/entry and the panel emit beeps but does not set and t then requires the code and a reset to clear the fault.

I am working overseas at the moment so spoke to her on the phone and talked her though a full power down of the system (mains and battery) but it did not resolve the problem. During power down the panel tamper operated and the strobe and siren worked fine. I can not understand why the timed exit/entry is indicating fault as you can set the system with the front door opened or closed.

I feel that the pcb has developed an onboard fault but just wondered if anyone has come across this problem before and maybe a reset to factory settings would sort the issue out. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Terry

In the meantime a part set usually omits the E/E and converts it to a guard zone; but as I said I am not to familiar with this panel . I am a Texecom man lol.
Try what Tel said and link it out.

Last edited:

Reply to Honeywell ADE Optima Compact G4 will Not Set in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock