Currently reading:
impulse withstand voltage

Discuss impulse withstand voltage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pepparz

Can anyone tell me what the minimum impulse withstand voltage is for a 500AMP BS88 fuse.
I can only find up to 400A.
Please only reply with the answer and not any rhetorical questions please.
This is concerning surge protection devices.
Thanks.

You made it in to a joke mate when you asked your original question the way you did.

I'm no 'know it all', there are others on here who's level of knowledge and experience astounds me still, hence why as knowledgable as I am, I am knowledgable enough to know that I'm not as knowledgable as I can be! That is the crux of the matter really. Every day is a learning day.

If I don't know something I am humble enough to ask and not too proud to ask politely. Something you did not do, hence the response you got.

Ha your having a giraffe mate, I asked for sensible replies and you went all stupid.

Please only reply with the answer and not any rhetorical questions please.

i suspect that you have no idea what youre talking about. hurry up i finish at 4 today.

We went stupid because you went bombastic!

Ask nicely and you shall receive.

I'm not digging at you mate, but when I ask something on here I don't tend to get silly responses, nor do other members who ask politely. Surely that's telling you something?

Right I see , its my fault its turned into a farce is it. As I said to begin with only reply if u have the answer. Is that so difficult to understand.
Your pulling our Chains now you sly fox, you have had several chances of getting the answer then you post a silly reply, I think your just trying to have a laugh at our expense, yes? lol

Right I see , its my fault its turned into a farce is it. As I said to begin with only reply if u have the answer. Is that so difficult to understand.

And as a response, I was silly, I apologise, but you did bite the bait and in my opinion took it a bit too far when you implied that I didn't have a clue what you were on about. I did, just not up on my SP knowledge enough to give you a definite answer, although having since had my knowledge confirmed as correct. I felt that not giving you an answer initially was far more responsible that giving you an answer that was potentially wrong. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut and not said anything, who knows, I'm not to be the judge of that one? But I didn't, I thought I'd have a giggle instead.

I'm sorry that not doing as you asked exactly as required of me has offended you.

Before you go away in a huff thinking that I'm some kind of prat who just jumps on people whilst rattling off a load of sarky comments, I just want to let you know that I don't have a problem with you, just your approach sometimes. I still remember you slating Biff's rather nice tray work which I personally thought was uncalled for, so I know this isn't the first time you've been a bit rude.

OK .i'll end it. the answer is....
42. :21:

I'm no psychologist, but from reading Pepparz's posts on various threads I would say he probably lacked attention as a child. Daz

Only the manufactures can provide the information. But I think you will find if you care to look that the main failure with impulse testing is the fuses ancillary equipment. I’ve had flash over between fuse bridges due to back EMF caused by breaking an inductive load. We were going through 800A fuses at about six a week. Flashover would take out the riser fuses.

Look in to the construction of a HRC fuse, depending on the fault the ceramic plug formed will correspond to the fault level.

With impulse testing you are looking for the breakdown voltage that results in flashover. Switchboards are type tested. The manufactures couldn’t flash test every board, as they would be ruined.

HiPot testing is standard procedure. Fun when you’re playing with an 11KV board. E54 may correct me on this, it’s been a while since I’ve done it. 27KV to earth sticks in my mind.

DW forget rhino hide, elephant hide was used in old 11KV ACB’s to line the arc shutes.

Reply to impulse withstand voltage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock