Search the forum,

Discuss key points in the regs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
my 7671 17th regs come through today (£55 off eBay :) )

Just wondering if there are any recomendations from you guy on what pages to sticky which will help with my c+g Level 3 exams....301,302 and 303

I am only asking as it seems a bit of a maze to me, as this is the 1st time I have looked through the regs, I want quick reference to pages that are helpful for level 3

CHEERS

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't 'sticky' any of your reg's, the searching through for different topics and tables will help you to learn the layout and before you know it, you'll be able to flick quickly to Max Zs, reference methods etc.

I decided to give each part it's own colour using 4 colours of sticky tabs.
Any chapters or specific items I also decided to mark, I marked them using the same colour as I used for the part.
Started at the top of the page for part 1 just below it for part 2 and so on. When I got to the bottom of a page, I started again at the top for the next part or chapter. Put the chapter No. on both sides of the tab so I can see it from the back when using the index.

I would learn the book before deciding what relevance applying tabs will make.

I've seen students all the time putting tabs in to separate the different parts and appendices,which to be honest, is pointless.

I still have my tabs in from when I did my 2382-10 and my tabs are on the correction factors that are used in appendix 4. I used the tabs on the correction factors for cable selection as the Ci in particularly, is well out of place with the rest of them.

Last edited:
Just done 17th agree would not sticky label book as if taught to use the book properly Not needed, also they can be a hinderence as you could not write much information on them and they could obscure a point what your looking for.

I find labeling up each chapter helps me navigate the book quite successfully.
I don't put info on the tabs, just the chapter No.
For instance if I want to look up the earth conductor size for PME installations, I go to the second from last tab in part 5 and flick back one page and I have Table 54.8 in front of me.

Reply to key points in the regs in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock