Discuss Level3 Electrotechnical Qualificaiton (5357-03) - Portfolio not completed - Where do I go from here? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone can advise.
I have spent 4 years on an apprenticeship: Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualificaiton (Installation route) (5357-03) - this info just gained from C&G.
I completed all the class work and passed all the exams - so all units are complete on the class learning and exam side. This is 7 units.
What I did not complete was the Portfolio which is 6 units for reasons I won't go into here.
Now up until ending the apprenticeship, I always believe I was doing 0235-02 and 0235-03 and it is only after contacting C&G I have discovered that I wasn't registered on the apprenticeship I believed I was on. Every single bit of college work and exam had 2365/02 and 2365-03 on them.

So it has come as a bit of a shock to discover I wasn't on the apprenticeship I thought I was on and I have no idea where to go from here.

I had originally planned to just pay privately to do my NVQ3 Electrical Qualification (2357) whilst working in a job as an electrical improver.

But now my understanding is I have no qualification at all?
What I will have is a whole lot of C&G Unit credits (101/001, 103/003, 104/004, 105/005, 107, 112/012, 114/014 I believe)
I also have: Understand the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 - 18th Edition.

What are my options, where do I go from here?
Can units be transferred with C&G?
I note they do not have the same unit numbers as C&G 2365-02 and 2365-03.

I'd be grateful for any help and advise.

Thank you.

Those 'Credits' you've listed are from the 5357 NVQ3 (what the apprentice does). If you had of been on the 2365 they would have been different. e.g. 5357-107 is (nearly) the same as 2365-204, 5357-003 = 2365-202, 5357-103 = 2365-302, etc.
If you've ended up with a full 2365 Level 2 and level 3, plus the Regs, you have all the knowledge units, and are just missing the Practical bits of the 5357 and obviously the AM2.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can advise.
I have spent 4 years on an apprenticeship: Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualificaiton (Installation route) (5357-03) - this info just gained from C&G.
I completed all the class work and passed all the exams - so all units are complete on the class learning and exam side. This is 7 units.
What I did not complete was the Portfolio which is 6 units for reasons I won't go into here.
Now up until ending the apprenticeship, I always believe I was doing 0235-02 and 0235-03 and it is only after contacting C&G I have discovered that I wasn't registered on the apprenticeship I believed I was on. Every single bit of college work and exam had 2365/02 and 2365-03 on them.

So it has come as a bit of a shock to discover I wasn't on the apprenticeship I thought I was on and I have no idea where to go from here.

I had originally planned to just pay privately to do my NVQ3 Electrical Qualification (2357) whilst working in a job as an electrical improver.

But now my understanding is I have no qualification at all?
What I will have is a whole lot of C&G Unit credits (101/001, 103/003, 104/004, 105/005, 107, 112/012, 114/014 I believe)
I also have: Understand the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 - 18th Edition.

What are my options, where do I go from here?
Can units be transferred with C&G?
I note they do not have the same unit numbers as C&G 2365-02 and 2365-03.

I'd be grateful for any help and advise.

Thank you.

Did you find out your options? I’m in a similar situation

Reply to Level3 Electrotechnical Qualificaiton (5357-03) - Portfolio not completed - Where do I go from here? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock