Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for an installer in the midlands? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Badger666

Hi. Very new to solar. I've been given a few quotes for a 4kw system. But most are only quoting for 3.250. But I really would like to get the most out of my investment. I'm looking for someone who can quote me. I would like a system which can use solar edge. So I can use the whole of my roof. I've had quotes for 3.250 using polly at £6695. 13 panels. Caymax. Also had quotes in the region of £9000. Plus a quote via eBay of £6400. For 16 panels suntellite 250w mono with an ever solar inverter. If I want solar edge it's an extra £300. Is this good/bad. Too cheap? All my quotes are from company's far away. I would like a local company with refs to quote. Or am I too picky. Please help. Dave. By the way I'm looking at next week to sign up too someone. Thanks.

Maybe the companies are quoting for 3.25kW because that's as much as can be put onto your roof without making it look unattractive, or perhaps there will be a problem of shading, which can be utterly devastating to the performance, since one or two part-shaded panels can affect (block) the flow of electricity through all the others or can cause problems with confusing the inverter's optimum-voltage-tracking software (MPPT).
So sometimes it is better not to be greedy and insist on 4kW because it may be that a lesser amount will actually generate more power, or be more cost-effective in terms of amount generated per Pound you spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the companies are quoting for 3.25kW because that's as much as can be put onto your roof without making it look unattractive, or perhaps there will be a problem of shading, which can be utterly devastating to the performance, since one or two part-shaded panels can affect (block) the flow of electricity through all the others or can cause problems with confusing the inverter's optimum-voltage-tracking software (MPPT).
So sometimes it is better not to be greedy and insist on 4kW because it may be that a lesser amount will actually generate more power, or be more cost-effective in terms of amount generated per Pound you spend.
Cheers for the reply fb. I do understand we're your coming from. I've been told I can split the system into 2. So the shaded side will not pull the whole system down. As for how it looks. I think it might make it look better. As its a large roof which stands out as you drive past. I'm just now waiting on more quotes with this split system. If its not cost effective I will surely go for the optimum one in terms of cost and output. Thanks again for your quick response.
dave.

badger 666 - I can quote you on soalr edge I tried to pm you but your inbox is full at the moment ! lol looks like a lot of installers
have been PM ing you......

I also wanted to give you access to my public site

badger 666 - I can quote you on soalr edge I tried to pm you but your inbox is full at the moment ! lol looks like a lot of installers

Cheers. I've emptied my in box. If you would like too resend. Cheers Dave.

My opinion here is that if someone from this forum can satisfy all of your requirments for the system that you require, then you should use them, the reason is if they put a clip in the wrong place let alone anything major, there are many on here that will give them hell, sadly I do not travel to your area, but you do have some that are local to you.
Please remember though do not try and screw them into the ground on price, a quality install does have a cost.
Good luck and keep us all informed, but please do not post the price that you agree on on this forum.
Also there are many of us on here willing to help.

My opinion here is that if someone from this forum can satisfy all of your requirments for the system that you require, then you should use them, the reason is if they put a clip in the wrong place let alone anything major, there are many on here that will give them hell, sadly I do not travel to your area, but you do have some that are local to you.
Please remember though do not try and screw them into the ground on price, a quality install does have a cost.
Good luck and keep us all informed, but please do not post the price that you agree on on this forum.
Also there are many of us on here willing to help.
Cheers earthstore.
my lips are sealed on the prices. Theirs a very good chance I will be using someone off this site. As I'm getting good feedback off them. As in knowledge being past on to others and the reputation the installers have gained.
Im more than happy to report back on the installation and targets reached. Which I hope will be more than expected. I've found this site by chance. The wealth of information on here is great. I'm not thick and understand most things. But I've really enjoyed this site. Due to the fact people want too help. Shame I can't say the same about other sites I visit.
Anyway, best stop going on..
cheers Dave. And thanks for the heads up.

Hi. I've checked the site you pm me. I can send you some info on where I live and info I've already gained. If that helps. I know others have/are quoting me. But I'm old fashioned. And due to my line of work have to spend ages trawling through loads of quotes. If you require any more info from me. Please feel free to contact me. Dave.

If you can pm or email those small details I asked for on PM I will email you a quote.

Hi. I've checked the site you pm me. I can send you some info on where I live and info I've already gained. If that helps. I know others have/are quoting me. But I'm old fashioned. And due to my line of work have to spend ages trawling through loads of quotes. If you require any more info from me. Please feel free to contact me. Dave.

Hi. Very new to solar. I've been given a few quotes for a 4kw system. But most are only quoting for 3.250. But I really would like to get the most out of my investment. I'm looking for someone who can quote me. I would like a system which can use solar edge. So I can use the whole of my roof. I've had quotes for 3.250 using polly at £6695. 13 panels. Caymax. Also had quotes in the region of £9000. Plus a quote via eBay of £6400. For 16 panels suntellite 250w mono with an ever solar inverter. If I want solar edge it's an extra £300. Is this good/bad. Too cheap? All my quotes are from company's far away. I would like a local company with refs to quote. Or am I too picky. Please help. Dave. By the way I'm looking at next week to sign up too someone. Thanks.

we are local to you if you would like to pm me,also have demo at office in birmingham. i have sent pm but dont know if you got it.

Hi
I had an install done by solarcity 4 days ago.
I have no reservation in recommending David and Chris.
Please feel free to PM me if you want further details.
Regards
Dave

Reply to Looking for an installer in the midlands? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock