Currently reading:
Multiple consumer units

Discuss Multiple consumer units in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The thing is Eddie if you use an mcb for the distribution circuits then you have next to no chance of discrimination with the final circuits.

edit: An RCD doesn't provide over current protection.

Last edited:
Yer I am going to cheers guys the issue regarding distribution has been the bit I have been stuck I want to get it right hence seeking advice on here I will get someone with more experience to come in and have a look but looks like I'm going to run it in swa i will properly calculate the csa's and get back to this forum afterwards, I appreciate this should have been done beforehand

The thing is Eddie if you use an mcb for the distribution circuits then you have next to no chance of discrimination with the final circuits.

edit: An RCD doesn't provide over current protection.

if I ran swa out of a fused isolator switch for each submain would that provide me with the protection that I need dependant on demand etc

if I ran swa out of a fused isolator switch for each submain would that provide me with the protection that I need dependant on demand etc

Maybe, it depends on what protection you need for a start.
Follow the design process to select cable type, size, OCPD etc etc

And I think the term you are looking for is 'switchfuse'

Could you advise what would be best to do please

What size OCPD are you planning on using for the 4 x distribution circuits?

63a 30ma rcd

Yer I am going to cheers guys the issue regarding distribution has been the bit I have been stuck I want to get it right hence seeking advice on here I will get someone with more experience to come in and have a look but looks like I'm going to run it in swa i will properly calculate the csa's and get back to this forum afterwards, I appreciate this should have been done beforehand

I think by your own admission you're not very experienced in this type of design and this thread is turning into blow by blow instructions on an installation that only you have seen so it's guesswork at best by those attempting to help you out and this is why I'm closing the thread. I'd say your suggestion about getting assistance, or at least some guidance on site from someone with more experience in designing this type of installation might save you a lot of problems.

If you've got a more specific electrical question rather than blanket design assistance please feel free to open a new thread.

Last edited:

Reply to Multiple consumer units in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock