Currently reading:
Outside Light Problem

Discuss Outside Light Problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AshFR

Hello all. I have a problem with my outside light. It has the main feed to light, then out of light to PIR on corner of house. This worked perfect, i also ran another cable from PIR to another light position and put a connector block on there as i didnt have the other light yet. So, i got new light, connected it up, and it worked. Brilliant! I hit the switch and they both come on and went off and never come on again as it was day. When it fell nightime, and it tryed switching on via PIR, it didnt, it tripped 6A breaker. Ok, so turned lights off at switch, made sure every light was off in the house even though the outside lights are only pulling 1000w together. Turned MCB back on, then hit the switch for light, after a few seconds when lights wanted to come on, it trips again. So i turned it off and waited until the morning, tryed it and the lights came on perfect and went off. But as soon as it hit nightime, thats it, it would trip again and keep tripping. Whats my problem? I just dont understand why its only when its nightime it doesnt work. Thanks.

Here is the sensor im using: 360° Standalone PIR - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
its still the same load, is your PIR set to day
True, nope. It definatly set to night as it was working when i had 1 light connected, but as soon as i put seconds light on and it turned night, trip it when. But daytime, perfect. I even set it to day to test it and it worked perefect in day, but trips at night even if it worked in the day by switching the switch off then back on.

Also, yes, if you switch it off then back on, the light wil come on for the set time, but only in day as it just trips at night. It says 2000w on screwfix and on the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Outside Light Problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock