Currently reading:
PIR code

Discuss PIR code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well do you feel that a N-E fault on a ring circuit poses an immediate danger to people or persons and requires urgent attention to remove the danger as their safety is at risk???

Whats the scenario....what protection to the circuit is there???

Well do you feel that a N-E fault on a ring circuit poses an immediate danger to people or persons and requires urgent attention to remove the danger as their safety is at risk???

No, because I know the installation was TN-C-S before I put it back to TN-S. So who cares about a bit of earth leakage through the N conductor. But, I am led to believe it is a code 1, I disagree and would pass it satisfactory with a reccomendation to reinspest in 1-3 years. But I wanna do it by the brb.

The RCD is not tripping, so all is well.

Whats the scenario....what protection to the circuit is there

Standard ring circuit, on a new 17th board 32/30mA

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a code 3, nothing more.:)

I think the ESC PIR guide suggests a code 3 for an insulation resistance result of less than 1 Mohm.

what efforts have you made to identify the cause.

0.5Mohm on N-E with >299Mohm across other conductors isn't degrading, and so needs further investigation.

So a code 3 is necessary.

There is no plausable cause, I split the ring and got 2.5M on each leg.

I had considered splitting it permanantly and putting 16A Breakers in instead of a ring. This is an upstairs circuit so I think this is the best option.

Then it all complies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PIR code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back